NVIDIA: Optimized nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10

@MisterNo
Since I neither have the required time nor the needed test environment to solve your problem, I cannot help you.

@Fernando In the end both of us were right. *.cat file is enough for all drivers EXCEPT for the boot-start drivers.

Here is the right information from Microsoft itself: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/release-signing-a-driver-through-an-embedded-signature

@Fernando Now everything makes sense. Your *.cat digital signature of the nForce3 GART driver can never work on any system, because GART driver is a boot-start driver and NEEDS an embedded digital signature.

On the Microsoft link I provided, there is an example of how to create an embedded digital signature with the command line SignTool.

Could you please create an embedded Win-RAID CA digital signature for “nv_agp.sys” and “nvcog.dll” files? This would make your “Special 64bit nForce3-4 LEGACY Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.6” a real gem for all retro enthusiasts who want to run their multi-core AGP nForce3 systems on Windows 7 x64.

Without the embedded signature your current digitally signed GART driver is no more useful than the unsigned nVidia original.

I sincerely hope you can find the time for this, it should require the same amount of time as for the *.cat signature.

Sorry, I was on the wrong track, it’s not about SHA-256 encryption.

In the end, my first assumption was correct, the problem lies in the fact that files “nv_agp.sys” and “nvcog.dll” don’t have an embedded digital signature. Unfortunately, the *.cat digital signature doesn’t work for boot-start drivers.

Thanks to our esteemed forum member @canonkong , there is finally a digitally signed 64-bit nForce3 GART driver v4.3.4!!! This is wonderful news for all retro enthusiasts who would like to run their beloved multi-core AGP nForce3 systems on Windows 7 x64, without the need to disable “Driver Signature Enforcement”. That’s right, this driver enables you to use Windows 7 x64 on an nForce3 system without any workarounds or decreased security!

64-bit nForce3 GART driver v4.3.4 (signed by canonkong).zip (92.7 KB)

Here is what you need to do in order to install canonkong’s certificate:

  • Right click onto the file “nv_agp.sys” > “Properties” > “Digital Signatures” > Click onto “Edgard Roberto Viera” > “Details” > “View Certificate” > “Install Certificate” > “Local Machine” >“Next” > “Yes” > “Place all certificates in the following store” > “Browse” > Select “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” > “Ok” > “Next” > “Finish” > “Ok”

After the certificate is installed, you can manually install the driver using the .inf method.

@Fernando You should consider replacing your GART driver in “Special 64bit nForce3-4 LEGACY Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.6” with canonkong’s version, because *.cat digital signature is meaningless for boot-start drivers. Canonkong’s version works perfectly, I tested it on Socket 939 and Socket AM2 nForce3 motherboards.

@MisterNo

It is fine, that you finally received your requested perfectly signed nForce GART driver from Canonkong, but I will not put it into my “Special 64bit nForce3-4 LEGACY Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.6”.
Reason: All “Mod+signed nForce Driverpacks”, which I am offering within the initial post of this thread, were modified and digitally signed by me and by nobody else.

You should better ask Canonkong, whether he is willing to offer the related specificly signed NVIDIA nforce driver(s) within a separate thread.

@Fernando

OK, I understand. I just wanted to give you an honest feedback, in order to improve your driverpack. You have been providing signed drivers for old systems for more than a decade and your support is really valuable and appreciated. But, the fact still stands: your signed GART driver is simply not working, because it doesn’t have an embedded signature. And that is a shame, because everything else about your drivers is really great.

Be happy, that your problem has been solved by Canonkong’s customized GART driver.