NVIDIA Quadro LVDS Signal is bad... How to modify drivers or vBios?

I installed a Nvidia Quadro m1000m in my HP Omni 27-1015t, works perfectly with or without secure boot, so its UEFI ready, 3D passmark is over 3800… I decided to get another used HP AIO with the same board (HP Envy 23-d030) and I got another m1000m. When I first installed the card in UEFI mode I had some crazy colors and screen was going crazy, but it sorta showed what the screen was. Then I switched to Legacy BIOS and I had a normal picture but the card was not being detected properly (drivers were not installed yet). So I used logmein while using UEFI to load the drivers and then switched back, nope now both UEFI and Legacy Bios have crazy colors changing the screen all the time…

The Omni 27 has the monitor connected through DVI and the Envy 23 through LVDS. I have read about the Tegra gpus having LVDS support blocked, but some people have managed to unblock it. Can someone help me out with this, it should be pretty easy for you guys, I just am not familiar with editing bios and drivers. This is a GM107 gpu… I attached my vBIOS if that helps. I had to pull drivers from HP.com, win7-8.1 x64 are sp79328 and win 10 x64 are sp79505… I’m guessing both have LVDS disabled, as I have read that I will probably need to go down to 3.40.21 or maybe 3.40.55 or something like that. I’m tired its 1am, lol. Please help.

I did use the tool here to add GOP to a Radeon HD 7650A card, and I can flash the Nvidia card as well… Likely something in the vBIOS is messing with LVDS as even the POST screen is messed up…

Rename the GM107 to a rom file…

@killercut :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I am sorry, but I cannot help you, because I have never modified the BIOS of any discrete Graphics card (my computer doesn’t even contain any). Furthermore your request is rather off-topic, because the Sub-Forum “BIOS Modding” has been designed for the modification of mainboard BIOSes and not for the modification of any add-on card BIOS chip.
If you are lucky, you may get help from anyone else.
By the way: Your attached file cannot be downloaded. You can insert real images as *.jpg or *.png file, but only attached *.zip and *.rar archives are downloadable.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I was just hoping that someone here knew how. I figured out how to update my vbios with gop here, so I figured you guys know a thing or 2 about bios modding, it was late and I was tired too. I attached the m1000m bios in a zip, just in case anyone knows a thing or 2 about nvidia and the lvds problem. I will keep trying, I have a feeling that if I could get the older 340.22 drivers I may be able to figure out how to get it to work in windows at least. Maybe I should try to run a passmark and see if it at least runs properly with the standard Microsoft Video Adapter drivers. since the board is definitely putting out a good LVDS signal through the MXM LVDS…

GM107.zip (139 KB)

I just took the PCBA Scalar card out of the Omni 27 and put it in the Envy 23. Now it works of course. I guess another $20-30 worth of parts wont hurt, Just gotta find a place to mount them. I dunno if it is windows 10 but the passmark score is lower now at 3600… I wonder if there is another scalar card I can use to add a DVI output or HDMI output? Funny thing though is that I tried to connect the Omni 27 to the LVDS port and it would just flash black, white, blue, red, etc…