NVMe mod succesfully works but not in 1.3 protocol mode

Hello there first of all ssd is corsair mp300 120gb nvme ssd
moths ago i was applied nvme mod to my bios succesfully with help of lost_and_bios
today i bought a nvme ssd and plugged it to my motherboard x16 slot with an adapter.
i formatted it and im able to boot from it
my mobo has two x16 slots first one is pci 3.0 rev second one is 2.0 rev
i plugged the ssd to pci rev 2.0 x16 slot.
however it works on “NVMe Express 1.2” protocol.i could not find aything related to ssd’s latest supported nvme protocol version but i guess its 1.3

so why its not operating in 1.3 protocol ? what are your thoughts dear people ? can adapter be reason or integrated module or the pci express 2.0 slot ?

i attached screenshot.

thanks in advance …

Screenshot_1.png

@temroa :
Please test it again after having inserted the M.2>PCIe adapter with the Corsair MP300 SSD into the PCI 3.0 x 16 slot.

i inserted adapter to the pci-express 3.0 x16 slot i even forced bios to use pci express version gen3 but still no change and it still uses nvme 1.2 protocol.
i guess there is something wrong with the adapter ?

@temroa :
Thanks for having done the additional test.

I cannot believe that. It should be tested, whether the NVMe Controller of your specific Corsair NVMe SSD supports the NVMe protocol 1.3 at all. The Company Corsair writes at its homepages, that it does, but after your report I have doubts.

im just gonna ask corsair support if it supports nvme 1.3 or not …
i will let you know after receiving an reply

what is your cpu? because on my z77 system the pci gen 3.0 is only supported by the mobo. My 2500k supports only the pci gen 2.0 protocol

hey there … my cpu is AMD A10-7850K

here is the reply from corsair support:

NVME 1.3 protocol relies on the motherboard, SSDs are cross compatible to 1.2 and 1.3. I would suggest calling your Motherboard manufacturer to check if you have this feature or you would have to update your BIOS.

i guess there is something wrong with the adapter.
i will buy more decent adapter and will try again

EDIT:may be it doesnt support nvme 1.3 because my A10-7850K cpu doesnt have avx1.1 and avx 2 extension ? can it have any relation ?