Nvme raid on b660 b760 possible?

Hi. Per chipset specs, nvme raid is not supported on b660 or b760 boards.

Do you think there is a way to circumvent that limitation? Or it’s totally hw related?

On this boards one nvme is connected to cpu lines. And the other to chipset lines. This boards only have two slots.

When you select two nvme on bios for raid, it says PCIE raid not supported.

Thanks.

@Trihy
I cannot answer your question, because I never used an Intel system with a B660 or B760 chipset.

Why do you want to create an NVMe RAID Array at all? I bet, that you will not realize a noticeable performance boost while doing your daily PC work (only exception: processing of very big sized files). On the other hand the risks of a sudden data loss are higher than with a single SSD.
It is a misbelief, that a RAID Array consisting of 2 SSDs will double the data transfer speed. Small sized files are not faster transfered/processed by a RAID array than by a single SSD.

1 Like

Hi. Well, it´s a PC mainly for gaming. So increasing the nvme speed could help some games? Not sure but didnt risk anything trying.

Also for having only one big drive with just one letter.

Seems B660, B760, also H610 are limited to only SSD raid and not nvme raid. Couldnt find any info on nvme raid success on this boards. Guess they are bios or hw limited.

Let´s see if any user tried this.