OEM AMIbios Modding

hi guys … sorry for this new thread … i wan’t to unlock my oem amibios which have some hidden options for overclocking…

i have searched for an update but there is not and bios modding is the only option …

Mboard: ECS rc415st-PM
bios: ami (locked by packard bell)

i just want someone to help me unhide the (maintenance) Menu which is hidden…

PLease help to mod.
mRibti

Is this the BIOS for your motherboard?
it was the one i could find.

Rio3V311.zip (423 KB)

@ mRibti:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Since I don’t have any experince in modding a mainboard BIOS this way, I cannot help you personally.
Please check the BIOS Pacman has posted.
Good luck!

Regards
Fernando

hi again, i was looking for that rom also but could not download it coz the link was not working …
now thanks to you i got it …
the only thing is that the options are still hidden … too bad …
Thanks a lot pacman

Since I don’t have any experince in modding a mainboard BIOS this way, I cannot help you personally.
Please check the BIOS Pacman has posted.
Good luck!

Regards
Fernando

Hi fernando, thanks for replying … but i don’t understand…

you say you cannot mod this way … means that there must be a way to mod it and unhide this hidden menu… (do you need more infomation about my system or anything else to mod it)
i don’t want to be a hassle but other forum just does not reply to any of my post … i much appreciate this reply very much … and i got an updated bios too

But please explain to me how can we mod it … i mean some people have had success in doing so … (not exactly the same bios)

Please man tell how can we deal with this bios of mine.

Thanks a lot
mRibti

No, what I have written means, that I have never modified System BIOS functions. I don’t want to give tips regarding something, which I have never done myself.

OffTopic: Full quoting is not recommended, because it takes much place and makes it difficult to find the really important things within a thread.

Thank You m8 …

i guess i was too excited about this modding … anyways i will not bother you anymore about this matter

but if there is anyway or anyone who can help me out with … then that would be great appreciated

Thanks again
mRibti

I don’t think i can help either, i looked at the BIOS in AMIBCP and it is set to show that menu.
So i’m not sure why you can’t see it.

how is it posible to update the Bios with the .rom file? I’m using win 8 64bit. is there an chance to use a live update program?

@ 8ball:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

What do you mean with "update"? Is it the BIOS modding or the BIOS flashing procedure?
Additional request: Please give some informations regardng your system (mainboard and chipset).

Regards
Fernando