[OFFER] ASRock Gen 2-3-4 Meltdown-Spectre Fixed Efi's

@M.Ray
Checked cpu microcode ffs of your attachement only.
Microcode offset is at 0x800 (2D microcode starts at 0x3818) which is correct for this board.

Thanks, i will flash it at the weekend!

@mictlan what tool (and version) should I use with the .ffs file you supplied?

mav1li: added

mbk1969: See the picture in the folder here: https://mega.nz/#F!5I91WI7Y!cGLyw6VFcNtPOhcfxmSiMw
some es cpu use difent ucode and can’t work with newer ucode like this but the user’s remove the code and the cpu still work maybe generic basic mode and my experience the cpu not rock stable better one older ucode in the bios than the newer or generic cod in os

And again, my post was only about the method of loading new microcode into CPU. You don`t have to mod the BIOS to utilize updated microcode.

There is a history of microcodes which were more troublesome for overclockers. And recent microcode with Metldown/Spectre fixes for SkyLake (iirc) CPUs introduced trouble for some users. But if microcode is "safe" for the rig then there is no difference how this microcode is loaded into CPU - by BIOS or by OS.
Before this Metldown/Spectre business microcode was used to fix errors in CPU instructions and internal functions. So any modder can remove microcodes from BIOS to run without it. CPU will just run without such updates, will run with hardwired implementation of instructions and stuff.

Flashed it and everything went OK, Mircrosoft script says Spectre protection is now activated!

Hey guys,

if anyone has a little spare time it would be great to help me out with a spectre patch for my Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0.

I hope its okay post a link to the orgial bios: ftp://europe.asrock.com/BIOS/1150/H81M-H…0(1.40)DOS.zip

Thanks a lot- I appreciate it very much.

ok, H81M-HDS R2.0 already in mega

the updated efi only for 306C3 based PROD and QS cpu, not support any "ES 306C2, 306C1 based cpu

Thank u so much 7alvoo - u made my day :slight_smile:

I will grab it now. And i dont need support for ES-CPUs.

But, what is the meaning of 306C3, PROD and QS cpu? I use a i5 4440 and in a second rig a i7 4770 cpu. Will these work with ur patched bios?

Cheers and thanks for ur great job dude!!

yes works

Thank you 7alvoo for info :slight_smile:

Cheers and keep ur good work up!

Hey last month i Emailed Asrock asking for updated bios for Spectre as they did 1 other z77 motherboard

Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M …they Released 1.90
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4-M/index.asp#BIOS

and then i came across this post …is there any chance u can update the sata/igpu etc parts of 1.90 ?

Hello @gunny2k7 !

The MCs in the BIOS v1.90 you linked are outdated now.
There are better/newer MCs for Sandy- (206A7) & Ivybridge (306A9).

ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M v1.90 with updated MCs and OROMs (SATA, iGPU, LAN).
!!! I can’t give any guarantee/warranty, but i made this by best purposes & knowing. Use/Flash of own risk only !!!

Best regards, MiMo

hello,

Best I can tell the Fatal1ty z68 professional gen3 was not updated it stilll sits with 2.23a or 2.60. Was working version of 2.23a ever posted here?