[OFFER] ASRock Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac BIOS Coffee Lake Mod

You’re welcome, cool you were able to get it flashed without further hassles!

@thewkong What does your Intel ME show as now in the BIOS?

After the changing variable 0x3e, the Intel ME firmware was 0.0 and after installing the modded BIOS, the Intel firmware is 11.6. It was 11.8 before.

I’m not at home so I can’t check on what the whole firmware number is but it starts with 11.6.

Thanks. That’s where my Intel firmware is, so that gives me hope that 6-core Coffee Lake might work on my board (4-core confirmed).

@thewkong the next million dollar question is how far you can increase BCLK on this board with a Coffee Lake CPU? The internet suggests there is a hard cap of 103.0 MHz on BCLK on Z370 boards, but maybe that doesn’t exist with this board and the lower version of Intel ME?

That limit may lie in the ME itself, there is a few overclock profiles, and only certain amounts % allowed in each. That can be changed to a certain degree in some ME versions, less and less the newer the ME
This is set in the integrated clock controller section of the ME, there is several profiles to choose from (Include or not include) Standard, Adaptive, overclocking, overclockingplus, overclockingetx (Only adaptive and overclockextr on Z370 chipset selection)
None can be set to go above 100Mhz in 11.0 or 11.6 ME, even when bclkmaxfreq allows 170/341/538 in the overclocking profiles, remnants of when more was allowed in previous older ME or possibly left to be further enabled by BIOS with non-Intel clock generators
Now, this may not always apply to the BIOS, or what’s been set/structured into the BIOS aside from ME, I’m only talking ME setting allowances here.

I have 11.6 ME and I’m able to increase BCLK on this particular board. I had it set to 110.0 MHz, and it was able to boot into Windows. I believe it BSOD on stress test because I was not supplying enough voltage. That being said, as long as BCLK is a limitation of BIOS and ME, then I’m wondering if I can do the same with another chip (CFL) in the socket, or if there will be some different interaction between BIOS/ME/CPU? We need empirical data!

Got a 2 core G4900 Coffee Lake to work on this board by following guides linked to this thread and creating a BIOS. Thanks for all the expert posts!

Glad to hear it, enjoy!

Me and someone else quite knowledgable here on adding microcodes to a BIOS are having trouble adding 906EC and get in working on an older ASUS BIOS.

It’s a Maximus X Formula and the 1101 BIOS that only formally supports the 8700k and lower. We want to add the 906EC microcode so it supports the i9 9900k but after adding the microcode, PC won’t boot.

I’m hoping to get the 1101 BIOS working on my 9900k as t’s the most stable BIOS for overclocking and I had the best results with it on my old 8700k I had.

Can you help?

The 1101 BIOS can be downloaded here. https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/…pDesk_Download/

I have USB Flashback so can recover if i have issues with a BIOS that doesn’t work. :confused:

@KedarWolf I would suggest asking for help in the main [GUIDE]Coffee Lake thread. The users who are much more knowledgeable than me will be able to help you out better.

hi good day to you… i adapted your moded bios (latest version)… booting is well nvme is well but sata ports 2,3,4,5 don’t work… can i get a corrected one…? thanks in advance…

Which date’s bios did you use? The latest one I uploaded from 12/14/201i had SATA working for me (I did not test all of them, but I think my hdd was on SATA 3 or 4, so I would guess the others should work.

Hello, sorry for necro on this thread :smiley:
Is it possible to get the bios still, for 6core? the first link is not available, only the 4c one.

Best regards

I updated the first post with a link to what I think is the right file, but I’m not totally sure. Please don’t use it unless you have a way to recover from a bad BIOS flash. Cheers.

I will try that and thank you very much, one last thing, my model is the dl version not ac, does it make a difference, and i do not beed to make any physical modifications to mobo or cpu right!

Hello, I am performing this mod on this motherboard using coffeetime, but I want to know if it is necessary and/or possible to inject my current MAC address, UUID, and serial number into the new modded BIOS? I see that coffee time can do this for ASUS boards but not for ASRock board.

So the ASRock Z170 fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/ac does not require the SKU hack? I see that these modded BIOS here are missing the SKU hack, ACPI table patch, and the Sync Cores patch. Are they not needed ?

Hi, it’s been a while since I’ve messed around this modded bios, but if you scroll all the way through my terribly verbose top post, I believe I added most if not all of the patches/components you brought up. Cheers.

1 Like