[OFFER] ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 NVME booting BIOS

Please find a modified BIOS which allows for booting off an NVME PCI-E card. In my case I’m booting an Intel P3500. (Similar to the Intel 750 SSD)

Removed the NVME booting CSM module that ASrock offered already and replaced it with the one from the guide.

Limitations

-NONE!!! ASRock kicks ass, will buy in the future as they continually update the BIOS on older boards!!

Original BIOS version 2.90

Z77EXTMOD42.rar (4.25 MB)

Hello,

I am trying to repeat this procedure with the Z77 Extreme 9, and I was wondering from which bios did you get the nvme, nvmesmm, and nvmeint13 ffs modules?

I could insert the nvmessm module with no issue, but inserting the nvme module required that I make space (I removed a few network boot modules), and the tool gives a GUID conflict error when inserting the nvmeint13 module.

good morning same procedure BIOS way z77 extreme 6 2.80E for boot boot Asus express m2 + nvme Samsung 960 pro selectable by BIOS?

So did you ever figure it out, I too have this board?

I am barely trying to figure out what is going on with this board.
I have the ASRock 2.90P BIOS installed, but whenever I plug in a PCIE-to-NVME adaptor card, the Motherboard will not power on at all.
I disabled CSM and installed the default Secure Boot keys, which allowed me to at least get Windows 11 (NoTPM-Rufus Edition) installed. Otherwise nothing seems to work.

Now that I have Windows 11 Pro installed. I tried plugging in a PCI-E adaptor card with a 1x WIFI/BE module on it and the motherboard will not boot when I hit the power button again.
What the hell? Is going on?

Reading your original post makes it sound as though the original ASRock 2.90P BIOS has some type of problem blocking these PCI-E adaptor cards?

Is there some type of driver missing or being blocked?