[OFFER] ASUS B150 Pro Gaming D3 - modded BIOS and dump

@ZAC - I’ll unlock everything memory related, but before I do that, can you ZIP all images for settings you can currently see that are memory related in any section. (Unless it’s all above in post #18, if so then I got it already)
Do you have Advanced >> System Agent Config >> memory config (And it’s submenus), or all memory related settings you have are all located in Ai tweaker only?

If you want to update to latest BIOS, please do that using official method, and then send me a new FPT dump. I thought you were already on latest BIOS, sorry for letting us continue this on old BIOS, I should have asked initially for you to update if you wanted to before we got started.
I’m not sure if there are any ECC specific settings, I only know there is ECC support enable/disable, but yes there are tons of hidden settings so possibly some of those you were looking for.
Please also add an image of the root page of Advanced, so I can see all the subsections inside there that you currently have visible.

@Lost_N_BIOS

I can see Advanced >> System Agent >> Memory Config, but the only available setting there is Memory Remap.

Looks like I have only a few voltage settings in addition to what you have mentioned. This is all about memory setup in the bios version 2604.

https://ibb.co/LvZ43xV

And here the new dump itself.

ECC may be named as parity check or error correction, not sure. What is more important is Reg (registered) memory settings. Anyway, I`ll be glad to check all of them. Thank you in advance!

2604.rar (4.58 MB)

@ZAC - Thanks for the image, info, and new dump. ECC is named ECC in the BIOS, but other settings below that may be some of what you were looking for, not sure?
FIT table is broken again in your 2604 dump! Was this updated from previous stock BIOS, not a BIOS I fixed this already for you?

Here, in this BIOS, RAID is enabled (already set) on 0-3 controllers, outside of your BIOS options (unsure what these are, but thought maybe that’s why you weren’t getting RAID enabled previously).
If it fails to load any disk due to RAID enabled how I mentioned reflash other BIOS and let me know, I will undue those changes.
That one setting “SATA Mode” I enabled for you is left at default (AHCI), test BIOS for RAID without changing that, and then if still no luck change that to RAID and check again. It’s possible due to new changes I mentioned, it may be locked to RAID always now (If it is, we’ll figure it out)
I also extended the default time to 4 seconds for Control+I entry, this option will be visible to you so you can change later. Also re-corrected the CPU microcode FIT table again
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…746922527810802

@Lost_N_BIOS

It was their latest official bios
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/B150-P…/HelpDesk_BIOS/

What if FIT table is not broken, but has a signature or some intended modifications?

Thank you for the bios. I see many new options for memory and raid. But the raid menu still does not appear no matter what I press. Perhaps, AHCI should be changed to Raid? I dont have the RAID option here in this bios. Could youlease, enable it? <br />There are many raid options in newly appeared Software menu. Even though they are enabled, they dont work yet.

ECC memory works, but seems settings are auto adjustable. At lest their changes are not shown on bios exit screen.

@ZAC - It’s going into your board incorrectly for some reason, I already checked stock and it’s not broken. There is no signature or anything for this, and your case is only one I’ve ever seen do this, maybe something with this specific model or some other issues causing that on your end?

Yes, now please test changing AHCI to RAID and then test again. Did you mean now you can’t see Advanced >>> PCH Storage Config >> SATA Mode Selection? If not, can you see Advanced >>> PCH Storage Config submenu?
I may need to undue the “hidden/off menu” RAID settings I mentioned, that may be causing the SATA mode Selection option to disappear from your view, even though I already set to be visible again? But before, these were set to AHCI, and you could still see SATA Mode Selection, maybe I need to set that to RAID to match, then you can see?
If so, then you may not be able to change it back to AHCI. Would you be OK to test a RAID only enabled BIOS for a second so we can figure that out? If yes, I will make for you tonight a BIOS with those changes, and then another with removed RAID on those hidden ones I mentioned.

@Lost_N_BIOS

Wow, I didnt know that such bios issues are possible. Not sure what to do with it knowing that. I hope direct flashing the bios chip might help, but Chinese $5 programmer doesnt work in 64-bit environment. At least those which I found.

Yes, RAID is absent from there, I have only AHCI with no choice.

Yes.

I think you may make 2 bioses, one with raid only, and another where everything is visible. Just to not go twice.

Yes, CH341A works fine in X64, 1000’s of people use them every day! And it’s cheap $2.50 programmers not $5, yes they work fine in x64

Ohh! OK, thanks for clarification about Setting is there, but no RAID choice, I probably forget to unsuppress that again after you sent new dump! Sorry, will redo this right now and unsuppress that!
My other thoughts there at end, about two BIOS may not be needed, I was confused on what you meant regarding this setting. We still may need to do that later, but for now I think not.
If you’re reading this, refresh page in a few minutes for edited in BIOS with unsuppressed RAID Option at SATA Mode Selection I can’t believe I forgot to do that again!

@ZAC - Here is fixed BIOS, should have RAID Option now on SATA Mode Selection setting!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…604921658325487

@Lost_N_BIOS

Thank you for your time.

I definitely will order CH341A.

I see the Raid option now. But still, there is no menu, nothing shows after Control+I or Control+O. I tried all hdd settings there, no effect. I am not sure what else to try.

If this relates my damaged bios, should I try to flash it with Version 11.8.55.3510 as this is the latest here? https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/B150-P…/HelpDesk_BIOS/

@ZAC - You’re welcome, and thanks for confirming RAID choice is back, sorry to hear it’s still not working.

Your BIOS is not damaged, it’s just odd that even after you keep reflashing corrected FIT table it dumps with it broken again. This only affects CPU microcode loading, nothing to do with Intel ME.
Despite the numerous posts and articles around the web, new and old, about B150 chipsets and B150 motherboards, the chipset itself supports RAID (Says Intel in one place, but not another?) but many motherboards with it do not.
There may be some missing hardware on the board to enable it’s functionality, tiny resistor here or there? Or maybe we need to put in some updated RAID roms? Hard to say
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/…psets/b150.html = RST=Yes
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/pu…sheet-vol-1.pdf (232-242), but page 21 saying no RAID contradicts Intel spec sheet on first link (RST = Yes). Sounds like from this PDF, it’s only possible on the workstations/chipsets

So, from the Intel PDF, looks like this is not possible due to the chipset itself, sorry for not looking this up sooner

@Lost_N_BIOS

No worries. I knew it is not officially supported, but c`mon, we are here to unlock what is hidden:)

The same no luck with Reg memory support. Maybe, you can unlock something about buffered memory? Fully Buffered DIMM (FB-DIMM)?

@ZAC - seems it may actually be a hardware unsupported issue more than BIOS, on the RAID stuff. On the ECC, I unlocked all memory settings for you in the BIOS already, maybe only very small few I did not, none like you mentioned.
You can open this BIOS in AMIBCP 5.02.0023 or 5.02.0031 and look at all the settings if you want to check it out and compare with what you actually see in the BIOS.

It works with .rom, while I have .bin from my board. Should I covert it or just rename?

@ZAC - bin/rom/FD/FV = same/same so yes, just rename. AMIBCP 5.x is drag and drop, you can drop bin or rom on there, and in the file, open menu you can choose “All” files at the bottom too, so you really don’t have to rename if you don’t want to.