[OFFER] ASUS P9X79 WS NVMe Mod

Good day! how to understand that BIOS already installed a modified BIOS NVMe? Without SSD installation
P9X79WS

P9x79 WS supports only DDR3 non-REG DRAM. To support REG-modules need a special track on the Board

If you flash NVME Mod BIOS, then that is how you know NVME Mod BIOS is in there

But with the help programs can be same? AIDA64, for example =)

Same what? Sorry, your post is confusing. BIOS will look same to everything, until you install NVME drive.
If you flashed NVME Mod BIOS with USB Flashback, and you could see USB Flashback working properly, then you now have NVME ready BIOS.

Sorry for possibly (probably) off-topic thread necro, but I had been researching furiously how to get 128gb support on the P9X79 WS and this was about the only thread I found while Googling.

I don’t know about > 128gb, but I can confirm that the BIOS version linked by @Lost_N_BIOS works as expected for 8x16gb ECC UDIMMs.

I also wanted to chime in for anyone who might find this in the future, since finding these 16GB DDR3 ECC UDIMMs that aren’t also OEM’d to a specific controller by a specific manufacturer is such a PitA, there’s this guy (I seriously think it’s just some guy alone) in Santa Clara, California with an eBay store front called "Mem-Store" who sells a 16GB DDR3-1600Mhz ECC UDIMM which he guarantees to work with Xeon E3-xxxx and Atom C2xxx on a specific SuperMicro board. They were $79 a piece, so, not as inexpensive as some used modules which (may/are likely to) only run on some OEM hardware, but after talking to him about what I was trying to do he was cool with me giving it a shot on my Xeon E5-2687Wv2 on the P9X79 WS with the custom BIOS, so long as I was okay with paying return shipping insured.

The RAM is completely generic (I can identify the PCB manufacturer as Brain Power, but the ICs themselves have no identifying markers on them, only capacity and a serial number). With 2 of the 8 I ordered being DOA (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA BSODs when either was plugged in), they reek of jank, but the guy sent a prepaid return label and replaced the two lickety-split and all 8 are running fine now the last four weeks. I dunno that anyone would want to use these in some kind of production environment, but hey. An image gallery is available at https://imgur.com/a/3DS2eBQ.

If this counts as advertising and needs to be nuked, please put me in my place. If anyone wants a link, I can share in a message or edit my post. I don’t get anything out of it, I just hate finding old forum posts where something was discussed and then someone who would have some answer or useful info for a future reader doesn’t say anything.

If this should go somewhere else entirely, please put it (and me) in my place. And, sorry for my total lack of familiarity with the forum’s etiquette, I’ve been nothing but a lurker til this point.

@dwkindig - Thanks, appreciate all that info, and thanks for stopping in and taking the time to drop that info for others

@geke - that BIOS you linked is already tested and confirmed working, original post at Edit on post #82 here - [REQUEST] How to connect 2 M.2 SSDs to the same PCIe slot? (6)
Confirmed working report on next page at post 95 [REQUEST] How to connect 2 M.2 SSDs to the same PCIe slot? (7)

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS , the link to tinyupload is down so wondering if you could kindly repost the mod of P9X79 WS with NVMe support? Thanks!

Lost has been away since January, we cant recover his personnel links.

Here’s the NVMe mod ONLY, latest bios 4901 for USB BFB ONLY, NOT EZ or OS environment.

@D_Ragon
EDIT: ITS UP

Hi @MeatWar , could you please re-up the mod bios file for ASUS P9X79 WS latest ver 4901, about link already died ((

so nice , many thanks

Hi guys,

Is this file still working ? I need only nvme Support. Is this stock with nvme ? Do you guys guess, it will work with samsung 980 Pro 2TB ? I have some questions:

- Do i need latest stock BIOS or can i do it with vers. 4802? Should i update first? Latests Version Asus have is Version 4901 from 2018/08/22.
- Before i flash with modded BIOS, do i need a working UEFI-GPT Win10 Drive ? Because at the moment I am on legacy mode and MBR, so my drive would not work on UEFI only.
- After BIOS flash with modded BIOS can i just boot with an win 10 Stick in UEFI and chose my nvme in the install-setup or how does this works (i have a in UEFI working win 10 Stick, testet it)? I can make the nvme to GPT also directly in Win10 install-setup by using diskpart.
- Should the nvme SSD be visible in my unmodded BIOS ? So if it’s not there at all. I cant see it in Windows too, so i cant even use it as storage-disk.
- if anything goes wrong, can i flash back to stock BIOS?

Start reading plz, do the mod and u can share it later for confirmation of correct insertion of the NVMe DXE module.
The Asus USB BFB on this motherboard will be used to flash/recover bios files, so check the functionality and flash the original 4802 before the mod.
[HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Ok thanks, i will read that Turtorial, thanks.

ZippyShare says "file no longer exists". Please, reupload it. Thanks.