[Offer] ASUS Rampage IV GENE BIOS 4901 NVMe mod

As the title says, here is the 4901 BIOS for the ASUS Rampage IV GENE with the NVME module inserted! Now booting from a Samsung 960 Pro :slight_smile:

EDIT by Fernando: Title slightly customized (now matching the other offers)

R4G.zip (4.52 MB)

Thanks ShinyMcGlint really appreciated.

@XGen :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks for welcome Fernando. what a great work you are doing.

Thank you very much for posting this file!

I got a “Security Verification Failed” when I selected the file from the USB within BIOS, so I searched around this forum and found the below from Fernando:

"It is the in-box ASUS security mechanism, which prevents, that you can flash a modded BIOS. If you want to flash a modded BIOS, you have either to use the ASUS own USB Flashback feature (if your mainboard supports it) or to use the AFUTools."

I then proceeded to following this video and was able to install Windows 10 after starting up the computer again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVvHwq3syqI

Thanks again!

Hey ShinyMcGlint,

I was so happy to see that you have created this. But I still can’t get this thing to work. Can you tell me which BIOS settings I have to set?
I try to set up Windows 10 Pro and It always tells me that my hardware is not supporting booting from this device. I can not install it.

Thanks a lot!

Did you figure this out? I have same issue as above. Windows 10 install says cannot install on this drive even though it sees it.

You have to disable the “Secure Boot” option (and maybe additionally the “Fast Boot” option) within the BIOS. Otherwise you are not able to boot off the NVMe SSD.

Hi, Can u reupload this file?

hi great mod!

when i only had a single gpu this worked fine with a ADATA XPG nvme m.2 on a pcie expansion card, but since i now gone 2 gpu’s the system is not detecting the second gpu, i flashed back to the ASUS stock 4901 and all is fine with the 2 gpu’s but obviously not the m.2

is there a setting i have to do in bios for all 3 to work together? i also noticed in the boot screen there is 2 listings for ‘boot overide’ and both are is the m.2 drive, so is it thinking my 2nd 780ti is also a nvme module?

lane config:
16x - 780ti
4x- nothing
16x - nvme m.2
8x - 780ti

system config:
16gb g.skill
2x 780ti’s
adata xpg nvme m.2

You may get quicker help in the NVME thread about this issue - [Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Will this BIOS mod work for a rampage iv gene? I need something to get an optane 900p to boot.

Thanks.

This BIOS is for the ASUS Rampage IV GENE, not sure if that is same as the rampage iv gene

Yes, this BIOS is for your motherboard, just giving you a hard time, gotta laugh a little sometimes

Lost-N-Bios,
I’m kind of lost in this BOIS thing - much worse than you. I have the v4901 BIOS, 32gb of patriot (2400 - that only clocks to 1866), E5-2697v2, ocz revo3 x2 (boot pcie), Win7 pro, nvidia quadro p2000, and a 1tb sata hard drive. I plugged in an optane P900 (480gb pcie ssd) and when I installed the drivers I could see and use it. However, any combination in the BIOS will not allow a BOOT capability (the BIOS identifies it as PATA: SS ?). As a side issue, at one point I selected RAID/RST. Then I tried RAID/IRST and I think it converted my SATA HD into some kind of RAID because I cannot get it to work. Depending on the BIOS setting the drive is not seen or it remains on all the way through BOOT and never goes off but is not seen in windows… Is that drive trashed or can it be fixed. Back to the BIOS mod - will that allow the optane to boot? If so can you provide some detailed guidance? If the optane won’t boot, how about the Samsung 970 pro 480gb connected to pcie via. an adapter? Greatly appreciated.

PATA SS sounds correct, you will need to follow the NVME guides here in the forum to setup bootable access properly (Search for the NVME threads)
I am not knowledgeable in that area, I only know it’s possible to boot from those via the guide (This BIOS mod BIOS in this thread, already did mod part of the guide) - [Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

This bios didn’t work for me unfortunately. I flashed it using asus flackback, it took around 15 minutes (is that normal?) before it stopped flashing and accessing the flash drive.

Afterwards, I enabled other os and did the other thing mentioned in boot. I get an unable to boot device message.

Bios FlashBack procedure takes some time, depends on motherboard model, the led flash will increase his blinking rate till it stops.
Now it would be nice if you follow the instructions on bios/procedure settings here on point 4 [Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

1 Like