[OFFER] ASUS Rampage V Extreme - modded BIOSes

To see if with the “Improve system compatibility”, the module Uncore is the same as the 3008
I expect the modded Sylar76 to test

Just tested the official version and memory and cache bandwidth is underwhelming!!!

Want a mod version with all modules updated including uncore!!!
:slight_smile:

I’m currently working great off the 2101 version in post #13 on this thread, so I’ll be hoping for a version of 3009 that matches that one in terms of what’s updated (i.e. the uncore module from prior versions didn’t work well for me).

Thanks in advance for all the seriously great work you guys do here.

EDIT: As I said before, I was never able to get my current OC stable on the official BIOS’s, only the ones you guys have provided. I gave official 3009 a shot anyway. Occasional hangs on boot with qcode 53, and if I did manage to boot, it dropped 3 out of 4 sticks. Wow. I don’t think it was that bad on the previous official BIOS’s.

Yes that would be great, let us know when you have done it!.

Just tested the official version and bandwidth (Aida64) is very good (same than 3008)

Modded 3009 Bios added in the first post at the google drive link.
All modules updated as well as Broadwell-E and Haswell-E CPU Microcodes.
I’m going to trying it.

Thanks so much Sylar79
The Uncore module is the same than 3008, I guess ?

I have left the Uncore area untouched.

I can confirm very good memory performance with the 3009 bios. The only thing I can’t understand is why it takes
longer for booting OS. Anyway I’ve downgraded to the 2101 modded.

Could you please mod the uncore??? I am getting bad results in memory and cache bandwidth… Maybe with stock timings performs well, but with tighten timings bandwidth is poor!!!

I’m working with 3009 modded now (thanks again!). Both the official and modded versions completely break my 3000 Mhz memory OC that was stable with both 1902 modded and 2101 modded. I drop 3 out of 4 sticks if I try with it. However, if I drop back to the 2666 Mhz this kit is rated for, and tighten the timings instead, I am getting way better performance than I used to when I tried to do the same thing, and the performance is now comparable and maybe even a bit better than my 3000 OC. I haven’t proven stability yet, only about an hour in OCCT so far, but the performance is there.

I think the way you need to look at this one is, if you upgrade to 3009 (whether modded or not), be prepared to redo your memory OC from scratch, but if you do, chances are good you may come up with better than you had previously.

I’ve looked at the Uncore area of the 3008/3009 bios and it is totally different than the previous ones (like 1801 for example).
Main differences are that bios version 3008/3009 has Broadwell-E and I7-Xeon uncore/memory data and, of course, it is
hard coded, so it is very difficult to take the uncore data of Haswell-E previous bios (1801) and put it into the new ones
(3008/3009).

So I think for haswell-e users or for who wants to achieve best overclocking performances to rollback to the 2101 or lower
version with or without the uncore mod.

With 3009 official

cachemem.png

Thanks for your effort, sylar.

I tested genuine and mod versions of 3009 and I am achieving almost the same bandwidth as with 2101 mod, but had to use mode 2 in rampage tweak, and I was selecting mode 1 since the first bios.
I saw that reverting to 2101 mod from genuine 3009 got my oc unstable… Very odd!!!
So I am now with 3009 mod and very happy with it…

That memory benchmark is not so useful if details are missing.
What I’d like to know is what memory kit is that ? At which voltage that kit is working ?
How much memory is allocated ? (16, 32, 64, 128 ???)
3200 MHz CL14 seems a TridentZ kit which is not officially supported as a Quad Channel Kit for X99 chipset.

Which memory kit are you using ?

Me too

Yep, its the 3600 CL16 ripjaws v (similar to 3200 CL14 except for xmp) kit for z170, 2 packs of 2x8GB, working here better than qualified kits…
A couple of guys here in Spain tried the new kits for z170 with very good results in quad channel, including stability…

[email protected] ab&cd
I just seen in Aida64 vccio is very high, gonna check it in bios!!!

EDIT: Just checked and auto raises the voltage to 1.35v, so I put it manually and back to 1.05v… Be careful with this vccio cpu voltage in 3009 bios!!!

For your boot ? Is the same than 2101 ?

Cant understand…