[OFFER] ASUS Rampage V Extreme - modded BIOSes

Thanks
Is it this of the 3008 bios, no ?

Yes. It has been taken from the 3008 beta bios.

Ok thanks

4.4 core, 4.2 cache, 3000 memory 17 hours OCCT stable baby! Awesome work Sylar76. This is with the original version you made on post #13 on this thread, for the record. Thanks again, was worried I was gonna be stuck on 1902 modded forever, heheh.

Sylar, you could add "ASUS ROG Logo Updated" in this mod ?

Thanks so much for your great work

PS: When I tested the MOD 4, I had an update of the bios on the 2nd reboot (updated iROG ?)

EDIT: Is the latency is very important for the L2, L3 cache ?

For L2 cache
Microcode 2D => latency at 2.6ns latency
Microcode 36 => latency at 3.3ns latency
Microcode 37 => latency at 4.7nslatency

My L2 cache latencies are the same on 37 as they were on 36: 2.8ns.

In a long series of Aida benchmark runs, I do sometimes see the L2 latency increase to the 3.3+ range, but itā€™s only once in a long while. If you have other stuff open like browsers, itā€™s a lot more likely, so make sure you shut everything else down when you do your benchmarks.

I have nothing that runs in the background, no open program.
And I compared 3 microcodes under the same conditions

What are you using to measure Cache Latencies?

Me, Iā€™m using Aida64 Extreme Cache and Memory Benchmark.
There was actually a long chain of posts recently on the Overclock.net forums with people attempting to resolve high L2 cache latencies.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1510388/hasweā€¦ners-club/18270

The conversation about L2 cache latency is on and off again in that thread from that page to current, so a lot of reading, heh. The conversations about other topics are interesting too though. Anyway if thereā€™s anywhere to ask about that particular issue, that thread would probably be it.

Aida64 for me too

Here is the bios of the #13 post with Logo updated.

R5E_2101_LOGO.zip (6.32 MB)

Thanks so much for your great work

What are the actual latest version numbers for the updated OROM/EFI modules, MEI firmware, etc.?

Thanks

You could actually answer that yourself by running UBU on it. No need to worry about changing anything. The first thing it does is print out what it found in the file. Then you donā€™t have to wait for an answer regardless of where you find the modded BIOS.

Ah. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Ran UBU on Mod 4 and got the following:

Intel EFI RAIDriver 14.8.2.2397
Intel Gigabit UNDI 0.0.09

OROMS:
Intel RST OROM 14.8.2.2397
Intel Boot Agent CL 0.1.06

MEI Firmware 9.1.37.1002
Microcode 37

First post updated.

Maybe it would be better to put all the modded bios in the first post ?

Or a link to an available OneDrive or GoogleDrive folder, where they are hosted.

Yes, 1 link with all bios modded
And the first post indicated the changelog for each bios

There is a new bios 3009:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2ā€¦4497.1461340284

1. Updated iROG1 firmware to version 0515.
2. Improve system compatibility.
3. Support GPIā€™s SMI event.