1. Format USB-key to FAT32
    2. Put Z77ST.CAP to USB-key
    3. Read the FlashBack.png

Download MOD

tested with:
    Intel SSD INTEL 750 Series SSDPEDMW400G4X1 400Gb
    Intel SSD INTEL 750 Series 800Gb

@FreeOwl :
As you may have already realized, I have moved your thread, where you are offering an already modded BIOS, into the related Sub-Forum.

I have download the BIOS. and have gotten it to work at first try. many thanks.

Some of the steps that i went thru, due to ignorance.

1. Follow Freeowl steps.
2. Do Flashback. ( note this part i fumble a bit, to do flashback, you do not need to switch on the PC. you only need to plug power and you will see an green led light up on the motherboard, then you press the flashback button for three seconds )
3. go into bios, boot option, disable fast boot, under secure boot, choose other OS.
4. install PCIe NVME SSD ( mine was HP EX920 1TB)
5. Bootup using USB to install OS.
6. Success.
Crystal Marks shows
SEQ Q32T1 : READ 2663.2 WRITE 1730.2
4KiB Q8T8 : READ 1198.1 WRITE 799.9
4KiB Q32T1 : READ 334.4 WRITE 183.4
4Kib Q1T1 : READ 45.66 WRITE 120.6

How do I know i’ve installed the bios mod correctly? Should it say anything in the setup?

Win10 usb installer keeps saying me it can’t install the OS in this selected drive because the bios can’t boot from it.

@D4V1C0 - I did not check the file, but this is VERY Old mod, so probably using older NVME mod files, may not work with Win10 right, not sure.
But, to check to be sure, make sure NVME Is RAW, or GPT with no partitions, then follow all steps at #4 in the “This is what you should do” section of this guide - [Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

If you want me to check the mod BIOS, to see if it’s using old method/files and or make you a new/modern one with latest BIOS and current/modern NVME mod method, let me know.

Thanks for the answer.

Good news, i’ve installed another mod and flash it to the BIOS, first attempt was a failure, at the second i’ve reformated my flash drive, and the BIOS mod flashing went ok this time. Flashed with the “flashback” option described here:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/415094…77.html?page=63

The other Sabertooth z77 bios mod here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…502814873093786

After the flashing, within the BIOS some new “uefi” drives appeared that wasnt there before. That was the key sign I was waiting and hoping for.

I’ve manage to install the latest W10 in the drive via usb, IN GPT+UEFI MODE, this is the actual thing that make everything possible. “Normal” usb w10 will not recognize the NVMe drive as booteable. Also i needed to set the secure boot OFF and “other OS” in boot mode.

The results, from a booteable Samsung OEM NVMe drive:

Thanks for everything! :+1:t3:

@D4V1C0 - Great you got it all sorted out now! That looks like BIOS I made for someone, probably in anther thread I couldn’t find before when i was looking, if you still have the link can you post it here so I can merge if needed, thanks.
Speeds looking good

Are you saying you can’t boot from this drive? If not, then you need to get BIOS settings correct first, and install again with ONLY this drive connected during the setup.
“UEFI” drives are NOT what you look for here, after windows install you move “Windows Boot Loader” to top of the boot priority list, not any “UEFI Drive”

My drive is booteable now.

Here’s the link, i found it in another forum:

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-N…-SABERTOOTH-Z77

You wouldn’t happen to still have this file laying around would you? I am having a hell of a time getting this thing to show up in bios. WIN10 see’s it fine, I can install windows to it via usb win install, but when it reboots, nothing.

Thanks!

OOOOOO… NVM, I just got it to work!