[OFFER] ASUS Z170-DELUXE BIOS mod

Update!

Update!

Update!

Update!

Update!

Update!

Tnanks for mod!

But why boot logo changed to ROG, is this normal?
Upd: oops found info about it changelog

Latest 2018 update! Happy new year!

Bugfix!

Thx, why GOP Driver reverted?

Because some users reported issues. In effects, 1082 and 1084 are Coffee Lake dedicated, and they need a most recent VBT in bios.

Update!

Update!

Hello @gpvecchi

I’m a newb to bios modding and the win-raid site but I just joined out of interest in particular to the mods for 8th and 9th gen cpu buzzing around. I’m sitting on a Asus Z170 Deluxe with bios 3801 provided from Asus, with an Intel 7700K. It burns me up they changed mobo chipsets for corporate capital greed when a lot of the pro boards already supported the newer chip power requirements. I know I’m not alone :slight_smile:

What does your bios on the first page offer? Is different from Asus? it’s not stock, correct? Does it include the cpu mods or make it easier to load them?

Sorry if I am asking in the wrong place or manner. You can point me to anything and I’l try to read up. And what is the general possibilities with the Z170 Deluxe board? Ideally I’d love to be able to buy a 9900K and utilize 8C/16T it without any other hw swaps. Else I’m going to just enjoy the current setup a little longer and wait for another gen or two down the road (possibly amd).

Thanks so much for all the work you and the guys on this site do!
MK

The updates are specified in the first post of the thread. I’m not interested in supporting dfferent CPUs other than the one supported by default. There’s a thread on how to support CoffeLake CPUs on Z170, but it could need hardware modding and it’s risky for the motherboard itself.

Update!

How do you think is it possible to add support of ‘PCIe bifurcation’ in the BIOS?

Sorry, I’m not interested in PCIe bifurcation…

Update!

@taulatin - no, I checked

Hi, just came across this thread, I tried flashing it, but always returns "Selected file is not a proper BIOS!", should I force flash it, or is there something else I can do, thanks.

use UBF

You can flash using USB Flashback feature