[OFFER] ASUS Z87 Plus - compl. modded BIOS 2103

@jst68

I just thought that HWINFO can read microcode loaded with the operating system (27 for example). It is more correct to look all the same in the BIOS.

thanks bro. big human :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
I have one question about motherboard from this thread. I have bought Xeon E3-1241 v3 which isnā€™t supported by motherboard according the Asus website (E3-1240 V3 and E3-1245 V3 are supported) .
If I flash BIOS with the newest microcodes from firts post, the motherboard will recognize my CPU?

The problem solved itself. I flashed BIOS with file from first post and I installed E3-1241V3 into motherboard. Everything works fine. I donā€™t know if this CPU would start with official BIOS without microcodes update. The most important thing is that it worked.

@miskovsky

Sometimes you just have to dive in and try itā€¦

Glad that worked out for you!

Cheers

Hans

I just flashed your modded BIOS - now waiting for the new harddisk to arrive.

For now i have 2 questions:
1) Do I have to change anywhere in the BIOS that my graphics card does not use all 16 pcie lanes? Or does this switch back to 8 lanes work automatically?
2) Is it also possible to attach somehow 2 pcie SSDs, as one uses only 4/8 lanes?

thanks

big bro :slight_smile:

CPU microcode 28.
is this the finale?
If not, will you make a new one? and we canā€™t install it without bios mod?
thanks bro :slight_smile:

@outlawist There are no new microcodes for the Haswell series, so version 28 microcode is the latest.

Updated EFI_ROMs as below, just the network EFIs :

Asus_Z87PL_EFI_ROM_updates_29_12_2021.png

So this is probably the lastā€¦but enjoy nonetheless. Merry Christmas!

Z87PL.rar (4.74 MB)

Thank you very much. The big man :slight_smile:

When I click next to install Asus update utulity, my pc turns to black screen. I have to reset. When I do it with ez flash, it gives Security verification failed error.
Asus Z87 Plus cpu i7 4770k
:frowning: How can I fix it?

Please Help

@outlawist

Read your manual at the link below; in particular Page 2-11, 2-12:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGā€¦31_Z87-PLUS.pdf

Find USB 2.0 stick formatted in FAT32, put file on USB stick.

Find FLASHBACK port on the back of your motherboard, insert USB drive.

Push FLASHBACK button on your motherboard for about 3 seconds; let flash procedure completeā€¦ IE light stops blinking COMPLETELY.

Do not unplug your computer power or remove USB stick while flashing!

Reboot, load setup defaults, reboot set your personal settings.

:slight_smile: Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing:)

Afuwin Can I do it with.

@outlawist

Sometimes the USB is the culprit, and they are picky about flashing.

Try another brand USB 2.0, Iā€™ve had good success with Sandisk USB 2.0 drivesā€¦

https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-Flash-Cruzā€¦007YX9O9O&psc=1

See Fernandoā€™s advice in post #10 of this threadā€¦

16 GB or smallerā€¦check the back of your computer desk drawer for some old onesā€¦! :slight_smile:
Hey and when was the last time you cleaned your room?

When I click next to install Asus update utulity, my pc turns to black screen. I have to reset. When I do it with ez flash, it gives Security verification failed error.
Asus Z87 Plus cpu i7 4770k
:frowning: How can I fix it?

How do I know if the mod is installed? I canā€™t see this picture with the program :slight_smile:

@outlawist

That picture wonā€™t show, as it is a screen capture of the modding process in UBU.

Use the program HWINFO which will tell you which microcode you are using. If it is v28 you were successful.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Cheers

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Hans

You can see it with the UBU.bat file in the program :slight_smile:
Thank you very much.

Sometimes when the PC turns off, it doesnā€™t turn on. The fans are turning, but I canā€™t even get into the bios.
Can you fix it?