[OFFER] ASUS Z87M-Plus - compl. modded BIOS 1107

As requested by @NrvXenon :

ROM/EFI IRS RAID for SATA ------> v14.8.2.2397
ROM/EFI VBIOS v5.0.1036 ------> v5.5.1034
ROM/EFI Realtek LAN v2.020 ------> v2.053

CPU microcode 0306C 19 -------> 28 Latest edit: June 14, 2020

Made with UEFI Tool v0.28 & UBU v1.78_0

NVMe mod to run UEFI NVMe SSDs using module NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs dated 04/18/2018
All the rest is pretty standard ROM/EFI updates.

Enjoy your new NVMe capable modded bios with Meltdown/Spectre/MDS mitigation microcode updates.

Back up all your important drive and files before flashing.

Cheers

UBU detect:

UBU EFI ROM stock UBU microcode stock

UBU EFI ROM modded UBU microcode modded

NMVe insert before NVMe insert after

Z87MPLUS_no_NVME.rar (4.58 MB)

Z87MPLUS_NVMe_mod.rar (4.59 MB)

Thank you so much! I’ll give this a shot as soon as I can!

NVMe working like a charm, but since I flashed my bios, but for some reason, the HDMI ports are not available anymore.

Not a big deal though because Display Port and VGA/DVI still works fine.
Thanks a ton! What a pleasure to boot Windows within seconds

@NrvXenon

You can try the file below with the “small NVMe” mod and see if you recover any functionality on the HDMI port.

Cheers

Z87MPLUS_NVMe_small.rar (4.58 MB)

HI Hancor,

unfortunately I can’t update the bios with flash ontyo my asus z87M-plus. Any suggestion! Thanks

1 Like

This is fantastic, thanks @hancor, has anyone tried the “small NVMe” and got the HDMI port working okay?
Also is there any need for the Samsung NVM Express Driver - or do the native Windows 10 ones take care of things adequately? (I did see it needs a Haswell refresh CPU or later so maybe I need to upgrade my 4770?).
I assume a Samsung 980 Pro would work okay on the StarTech PCIe adapter card in the PCIEX16_1 slot (as that’s the only v3.0 one)? Will hopefully try soon and post here.

Dear Hancor. I am writting you with full of hope and expectations.
My ASUS Z87M-Plus is out of nvme drivers. Bios do not reg the ssd m.2 pcie. But it is not only one problem.
Your file with microcodes also can’t be installed with ASUS EzFlash.
It wrote: “Security Verification Failed” (testing different file names )
EzFlash is working - had to install previous version from Z87M-PLUS - Support
but your moded files couldn’t be installed :frowning: (" [Z87MPLUS_no_NVME.rar|attachment] (4.58 MB) and
[Z87MPLUS_NVMe_mod.rar|attachment] (4.59 MB)")

This motherboard don’t have flashback button at all. :frowning:
May be you can try one more time to “convert” NVMe microcodes with this type of motherboard? Or make a video how to do it? It will be very helpfull…
THANKS MAN, ANY WAY

I may have some time next week…

1 Like

Ok, am still trying.

This is my progress :smiley:

But it is still writing “Security Verification Failed”

@prosps

Okay did a rework of the files and used MMTool 4.5 to do the NVMe.ffs insert using the updated version 5.

Indicates NVMe module loading

EFI/ROM updates

Microcode updates

NvmExpressDxe_5.ffs dated 09/20/2021 insert as shown below:

I reworked both files one has only EFI/ROM & microcode updates and the latter includes the NVMe mod.

To update use the flashback port with a USB FAT32 formatted with only the BIOS/UEFI file on it.(bottom port of item 9 in pic below) and hold the reset button down for at least 3 seconds. LET THE FLASH RUN TO COMPLETION about 3 min max.

Much success! :wink: :innocent:

Cheers
Hans

Z87MPLUS.rar (4.6 MB)

Z87MPLUSmodNVME.rar (4.6 MB)

1 Like

Nice, man. I’ve got progress!

Update bios from 3 seconds delay was usefull ! Button Power on then 3 sec delay. And it will read from usb.

@prosps OK good to hear you are up and running.
Enjoy your new & speedy computer! :rofl: :innocent:

Could you check the HDMI graphics port and see if that is working, as the previous file had a complaint as above in post #3?
Obviously, this doesn’t matter if you have a discrete add in graphics card :wink:

Let us know how it is running once you’ve installed the OS etc.

Cheers
Hans

@prosps yes please let me know if the HDMI port is working as I don’t use a graphics card. Many thanks @hancor for redoing these!

1 Like

@Packs the vanilla update, first file in post #10 should be a no brainer as there is no NVMe mod, so that wouldn’t impact HDMI capability in any case.
In previous NMVe mods using the UEFI Tool can sometimes have an impact. Here however the AMIBCP tool is being used, which is what the manufacturer used for the originals.

Try the first file, then ladder up to the NVME mod and validate. In the event, you experience the unexpected, just revert to the former file via flashback.

This would be a pretty low risk procedure, provided you’ve done a personal data back up.

Cheers

Hans

1 Like

Greetings Oh Wise ones,
Should I expect the BIOS for the Z87M-Plus to work for the Z87-Plus?
Thanks!

• s.west

No sir, you should not.
Can ir work? maybe… some cross flashes models do…
Worth it? no, if no experience in recovery a death board

I was afraid of that.
Thanks for responding. I’ll just have to go through the process of modifying the Z87-Plus BIOS. I was hoping to avoid that step ; - )
Cheers,

• s.west

Greetings,
I’m sure this is not the right place to ask this, but I’m hoping that someone can point me to the right page/site to help me figure this out.
I followed the directions on the NVMe page ([HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS - #6647 by Fernando), using MMTOOL and UEFI_Tool to add the correct module to the Z87-PLUS BIOS. But when I tried to flash the resulting .CAP file I get “Security Verification Failed”. When I try the original, unmodded, .CAP file, I don’t get that error.
I have looked all through the aforementioned website for guidance on this subject but have found nothing.
What to do?
Thanks!

• s.west

The guide is very complete… but same as it took the author his time and dedication, the same is required for the user in order to learn, this includes all the steps pointed.
So, what information did you gather from reading Step 3 - Flashing of the modded BIOS…

@swest

At page 2 -13 of your manual you’ll find the bottom port of item 10 is the BIOS Flashback port.

Cheers
Hans