NVMeDxe5_Ffs insert:

NVmeDxe5_Ffs detect:

Modded BIOS/UEFI:

Z9PED8WS.rar (3.5 MB)

Cheers :beers: :partying_face: :innocent:

Hans

1 Like

@palik42

See your manual page 4-3 to 4-6 for various methods.
My guess is manual page 4-6 method using a DOS USB drive will do the trick; but you can try the other methods first. Also try using a USB 2.0 drive 32GB or less formatted FAT32.
Good luck!

Cheers :beers: :partying_face: :innocent:
Hans

@hancor thank you again :slight_smile:

BIOS is working I’ve flashed it via CH341A.
I’ve used steps from these threads :
(check any youtube video before - remove battery first from MB and then “BIOS” chip from MB) and put it into socket on CH341A.
Don’t forget extract cap file into bin via UEFI Tool (i’ve used 0.28.0)

( used - Step 4 - Installation of Win10/11 onto the NVMe SSD)

My result :

@palik42 @Meatwar @Fernando

Splendid, that looks like the sweet smell of success!
Delighted that worked out for you… :partying_face: :dizzy: :100: :wink:

Cheers :beers:

Hans

Yes my friend, but now i think you should add the already past confirmed info that only with a Programmer, the mod can be flashed, on your offer thread, cheers.

EDIT: Hancor… im just saying it, based on all past users on this thread and this user now, i may have read it wrong but i cant recall seeing other method confirmed.
Till other user report we don’t have any other confirmation…
You’re free to add it or not my friend, regards.

1 Like

@MeatWar

Given @palik42 has acknowledged he hadn’t tried the other methods in the manual, one can’t be 100% sure on that measure.
Moreover, there is also the possibility that the afuwinx64.exe bios.rom /GAN may also work as the motherboard is from around that particular vintage. This could be similar to the Asus Z87A method, which turned into a lengthy thread.
Perhaps we haven’t definitively exhausted all methods of flashing a modded bios in this particular case. However, we have established that CH341A programming is one validated avenue for this motherboard. :face_with_monocle: :wink:

Cheers

Hans

2 Likes

@hancor my brother have same motherboard, so when will be some time I can try it other methods on his motherboard and I will update this thread.

2 Likes

@palik42 @MeatWar @Fernando

Excellent news! We look forward to your updates.

Cheers :beers: :partying_face:

Hans

Thank you @palik42 , we’ll appreciate if any other methods can be confirmed, for future user guidance.

1 Like

For me this BIOS doesn’t seem to work. I used the USB programmer. Is the drive supposed to show up in BIOS after this? all that appeared in my Boot order is "PATA : " and then nothing after the colon. I have a Windows 10 clone on that drive but it doesn’t want to boot from it.
Drive is WD Black SN850X 2TB
It shows up in windows when I boot from my old drive though. But removing my old boot drive from the bios boot order just gives me the message “No bootable media”

Thanks in advance for any help!

Now take a look on the guide guidance and check the:

Step 3 - Flashing of the modded BIOS:

Additional Notes: (open/hide by a click)

EDIT: I never advise cloning an old legacy OS to new NVMe disk after mod, so proceed as you want.

Seems to me nothing is wrong then, but still doesn’t work. The drive is a complete clone of my old OS install (which I use right now), and it just doesn’t want to boot when I remove my old drive from the BOOT list in the BIOS. seeing Step 4 with " his requires the creation of an EFI Boot Sector named “Windows Boot Manager” , which will be done during the installation of the OS (see next step)."

This sector is already there after cloning my drive, right? or what is going on here? Should I try to do a clean install on the NVMe, then delete the fresh OS partition, then clone my old drive?

EDIT: Ok so I tried a fresh install. Pulled all SATA drives leaving only the NVME. Ran the Win install, which worked wonders. Restart, then nothing. No bootable device… I am at a loss here.

Did you set the bios settings NOW as full UEFI, CSM OFF and non AUTO?
The PATA device usually only show in bios in the so called “test mode” as CSM ON or AUTO, it will not be seen in PURE UEFI implementation.
For correct install and boot the system should be set as UEFI system environment NOT legacy (CSM/AUTO) understood now? Other than that its human error or hardware error.
Nothing more to add, over_n_out of here.

EDIT: Then you must figure it out yourself… how cant you even boot new a EFI source or your old Legacy/UEFI OS…humm!!! Strange isn’t it… “damm so many users on the forum did it…and i cant”
And this has nothing to do with the simple NVMe mod presented here in this forum.

Yeah I got all that.
When CSM is off (using full UEFI) the computer just jumps straight back to the bios when I “save and reset” and no other drives are listed in the boot list. can’t even boot from my old harddrive then, which is weird. Neither does it boot from any USB drive. Seems like turning CSM off completely (in bios it is called “Activate CSM: “Never””), it ignores any boot procedure what so ever.