[OFFER] DeLL Vostro 3700 Bios A12 ( FuLL Advanced menu, Hybrid option Disabled or Enabled)

Hi.
Some works i’ve done 2 years ago, i put here :

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/…nlocked.787733/

In First, flash the bios with the A12 regular version BEFORE flashing the modded one.

Yes, you need to check “programming all blocks”

MoDDeD.zip (1.76 MB)

A12ModDOS.zip (1.47 MB)

in case of total Failure :

Do this in first, (Cmos reset)
Disconnect the system from external power source, remove main battery on a laptop.
Remove the computer cover and locate the CMOS coin cell battery
Disconnect the coin cell battery
Press the power button for at least 10 seconds to drain all residual power from the system
Re-connect the coin cell battery
Assemble the unit and verify functionality
Of course, set date and time, etc… and option you need
i repeat : certain bios option can hang at boot, or do a blackscreen. (need to re-do the cmos reset)

IF and ONLY this steps not work, Go for bios recovery procedure, here it is :

1. Download the file attached with this post
2. Format an Usb key (if this one have a led, it’s convenient to see the process during recovery) in FAT32 format without any file (no boot,etc…)
3. Unzip the file on the Usb key without changing the name, it’s very important !
4. Remove the battery AND Unplug the AC adapter
5. Plug the USB key on your laptop
5. Hold the “END” key and plug the AC adapter
6. The computer start by itself and normally, must read the usb key (this is why a led on usb is cool)
7. The computer ask if he can flash the bios (allow it, but i suppose you’re not mad,lol)
8. Normally at the end, the computer restart and you stop to hate me

PS : the MD5 of Winery70.hdr : ca14e2bf276cb50746901bec41d73c73 and for FinaLA12FuLL.rom : 795b2296fef7f86674d1da098dfee505

V3700recoBios.zip (1.33 MB)

hello
I am trying upgrade cpu in my dell vostro 3700. At this moment i have intel i5 m520 with integrated graphics and i would like to install i7-740QM. The problem is that i7-740QM do not have integrated graphics core and after i installing it in my laptop i see black screen. with all this i have seen that my dell is booting, but do not show nothing on screen.
I found you unlocked bios (thank you for you job) and successfully installed it on my notebook. After that i have tried set "Hybrid Graphics" option to "PEG/PCI" instead "non hybrid", but unfortunately it does not helps. After installing back core i5 cpu i have found that the options is returned to "non hybrid" value.
Could you please advise: what should be done to set discrete graphics card as primary (bootable) to make work with core i7-740QM

Thank you advance.

Hello,

could you please provide a detailed step-by-step procedure?

Here are my doubts:

• Shall I flash the BIOS using both files? And if yes, in what order?

• In case the BIOS version is already A12, is sufficient to flash it using just one of the zip files? And which one?

• Shall the content of A12ModDOS.zip be executed from a DOS prompt window or from a bootable USB pen?

• It seems that MoDDeD.zip contains an executable for Microsoft Windows. Is it right?

A detailed step-by-step procedure would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Sorry for the verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long Reply ! just retrieve my account a few minutes ago !

Hi, do not worry, I like very long and detailed replies, thank you!
The only problem is that my browser does not show it :wink: