[Offer] Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge and Haswell VBIOS modules

@Pacman
Hello.

biostar 2170 - does not work
Last 2171 from MSI - does not work.

And I think I know why.
The modules Intel and Asus Z87-Deluxe value at 0x0C7B - "D6", all other "D2" or "00". the way, the old VBIOS 2143 and 2158 also have the value "D6".
But the simple replacement of bytes "D2" -> "D6" does nothing, it is necessary to align the checksum at 0x0AFA (there CS?) and more that that.
It would be good to know whether the work An original Intel VBIOS 2170 on other boards from MSI, GB, ASRock and etc. Can someone check?

Alas. Unfortunately the idea was not confirmed.

@SoniX
Now i started working on this again, have been installing Windows 8.1 Preview and fixing problems, unfortunately i have not been able yet to find any other versions of 2173 or 2175,
but expecting some new BIOSes that may have.
I noticed like you these values, but i have not been able to test yet.

Hello.
@Pacman
We will continue to seek and tests. :slight_smile:
@Fernando
The problem is that I’m testing on a single board. There is no guarantee that even the original 2170 from Intel will work on others MB. I do not believe that the modules in 2175 from MSI, can work on GigaByte or ASRock.
Looking for testers with different motherboards from different. manufacturers. If there are still sting solve the problem, then why not? :slight_smile:

PS The fact that I’m almost like a page, a link to the profile, but it is only in Russian.

@SoniX
I have two other 2171 if you want (the best i can do for now), i will also test on my Gigabyte, i have not been at home for awhile so i could not test, i will post them in the thread mentioned above.

EDIT by Fernando: Pacman’s proposal to continue the discussion within this thread has been deleted by me, because it was done (just to avoid misunderstandings).

Here are the two 2171 files from MSI, i will test them a Little bit later.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b929vc…6j/MSI_2171.zip

@Pacman
Ok.

Downloaded to the tests…

Upd: Test result - Asis Z87-Deluxe/i7-4770K
402 and c12 - do not work.
I wanted to ask. In 2173 GigaByte only one module?

Ok, i’m going to test also soon.
Do you mean if i only have one variant of it, i did only have one, thought i had two, but they were identical :confused:
i can’t seem to find the actual modules in these BIOSes using MMTool or Phoenix tool, and don’t know what GUID they should have.
Just checked one MSI and the one for my Gigabyte, and it looks like there is Another VBIOS in them v1215 but it is only 4,52Kb, don’t know exactly what it does.
GUID 878AC2CC and these files are also different, MSI and Gigabyte.
Attached the 1215 files.

EDIT: i Think i misunderstod a question, so edit my text.

1215.zip (3.3 KB)

Hmmm… I thought that this module is linked to the GOP GUID 5BBA83E6-… for full UEFI-mode or am I wrong?
ASUS also didn’t match, even among themselves. And size of MSI and GigaByte.
+Intel_878AC2CC, size=Asus

asus_878ac2cc.zip (3.26 KB)

Intel_878ac2cc.zip (1.63 KB)

Hmmm… I thought that this module is linked to the GOP GUID 5BBA83E6-…?
ASUS also didn’t match, even among themselves. And size of MSI and GigaByte.

Yes, that is possible, i have not had a chance to take a good look yet.
Also nevermind about finding VBIOS GUID, they are of course normally linked in the CSMCORE, my mind was still on this haswell BIOS
ftp://ftp.ts.fujitsu.com/pub/Mainboard-O…-S1x.R1.2.0.ZIP
It to me is a bit unusual because it does not have links present to any OROM, but contains VBIOS, RAID etc. as seperate modules with GUIDs and not in the CSMCORE.

@Pacman
That something similar came from ASRock to B75 chipset.

@SoniX
ah, don’t Think i have seen that Before.
Also, just saw you are LS_29 on overclockers.ru.
i check your orom modding thread a few times a week,
very nice work with OROM / EFI Replace tool.
You don’t happen to have FITC newer than 8.1.0.1265?

@Pacman
To tell you the truth, I can’t remember the specific model of the motherboard ASRock. But do remember that the module CSMCORE was almost empty, but contains only one module OROM VBIOS.
Thanks, but that’s for this package “OROM/EFI Replace” and the problem with this module OROM VBIOS to the 8-series chipset. So far only decided to leave the original 2170 from Intel as a test. But there are still difficulties in finding network Broadcom and EFI-module from QCM-Atheros.
FITC - 8.1.10.1286 and it is in station-driver.com, more than just 9.0.0.1310.

Yes, i meant 8.1.10.1286.
That is great i had completly missed that the 9.0.1.1333 package contained FITC, don’t Think i ever opened it after downloading, at the time i had no use for those FW :slight_smile:
I have just made three mod BIOS i will try, one with Intel 2170 and two with MSI 2171, i will post back shortly about the results.

Hmm, the results are very inconsistent, all Three mods worked.
That makes me think 2175 should have worked, the only thing that is changed from the last 2175 test is that i now have a newer BIOS, there has been a lot of beta BIOSes released lately.
but it seems unlikely that would make a difference, i going to have to try the 2175 again, to rule that out, i have been using Qflash for all tests, maybe it failed in some way when flashing, we will see after i try again.
It seems that Asus boards may have some added protection against using modules that come from Another manufacturer?, since Asus seem try to prevent people from flashing mods anyway, that the only way is USB BIOS Flashback.
Also i’m sorry my testing and responses may have been a bit slow now, i have had a difficult personal matter distracting me.
I will post back the results of second 2175 test a Little later.

What motherboard will be a test?

I have been testing on my Gigabyte Z87X-OC,
but i’m thinking also about buying a ASUS H87M-PRO and a i5-4570 that i will have for some other things,
then i can also do some tests on that.

Yet according to our tests, it turns out that the original 2170 from Intel may work on the Asus and GigaByte. This is already good. :slight_smile:

@SoniX
You know i have taken a long look at your idea in post nr. 21, like you say, Intel has the value D6, so does Supermicro. Gigabyte, Biostar and MSI also D2, in both 2171 and 2175, the only one different is Asus.
Other differences i looked at seem random, in their value, can not see a pattern, i am quite sure your idea is the solution!
I did try the 2175 again, and it Worked , something must have gone wrong previous attempt, if i remember correctly i only tried the 2175 in the "1" folder, possibly just a failed flash, this time i tried both, working :slight_smile:
Now, that of course must explain why Intel worked, both for you and me, probably D6 would be "universal", Gigabyte has D2 so obviously MSI and Biostar would work for me.
To make sure, i will try Asus and Supermicro, to see if Asus fails but not Supermicro, and perhaps you could try Supermicro? if it works, i Think we can be 100% sure.

EDIT: Asrock, also has 00

Super2164.zip (36.9 KB)