[Offer] Intel Sandy/Ivy Bridge and Haswell VBIOS modules

@Pacman
Z87I-DELUXE-SI, SABERTOOTH-Z87, MAXIMUS-VI-EXTREME - Also have “D6”. I have tried replacing in the Z87-Deluxe - don’t work. Apparently there are more bytes to be adjusted.
Z87M-PLUS and Gryphon - Also have “00” (Z87-Deluxe don’t work)
Z87-EXPERT, Z87-PLUS, Z87-PRO - “D2” (Z87-Deluxe don’t work)
Z87-DELUXE, Z87-WS, Z87-DELUXE-DUAL, MAXIMUS-VI-GENE - “D6”, but they are identical and interchangeable.
I have selected only those motherboards onboard with UBF (USB Bios Flashback).

Upd: See attachment, can there will be responses from 2158? (file .bsf)

vbios-hd3.zip (86.7 KB)

Yes, i it seems i was jumping to conclusions, forgot some Asus was also different, only checked Z87-Deluxe :confused:
I extracted a bunch of Intel VBIOSes, and only their Z87 board has D6, all the other D2, so now i’m again uncertain.
But with all these other Intel files, might be easier to find something, i have attached the files all 2170, also the model name.

Intel.zip (184 KB)

I too do not understand anything in these differences. The only thing I understand what to look for on an "as is" pure reference VBIOS-module from Intel, like previous 2158 and editor VBIOS like how nVidia and ATi.

On my page was offered a look at the version of the MRC (the Memory Reference Code), but it is a module and where it is located, do not understand.
DZ87KLT-75K.bin-this works, it is in the package as the test.

@SoniX
If i was able to translate a post you made on overclockers,
your system does POST and continues loading OS, but with a black screen?
If this is the case i Think we have been loocking at the wrong things,
just a thought that may have nothing to do with it, have you tried all Graphics outputs on your MB?

@Pacman
Super2164. - not work. Intel has not tested.
Yes, the black screen, but the computer continues to work and load. Used DP and HDMI.

I suggest take a timeout until more motherboards.

Yes, i did get some other ideas now, but having more motherboards to test on would be good,
like i said i am going to buy one more HW system for some other things, i can do some testing on this also.

Ok. I will write a script for the quick replacement of just one module VBIOS to the main package.

Ok, very good.
Also, i was poking around in the Supermicro Z87 BIOS, i found a newer version of the file with GUID 878AC2CC, version 6767 date 01/08/2013, only other i have seen is the 1215, date 12/13/2012.
I have attached it if you want to have a look.

SM_878AC2CC.zip (1.66 KB)

@Pacman
Script+VBIOS files
If necessary, adjust the under himself. :slight_smile:

That’s nice. I wonder how it works check? And GOP-driver GUID 5BBA83E6, out there which version?

Thanks, that’s great :slight_smile: i will try it tomorrow as i’m not home right now.
I will try modding the BIOS for my MB with the 6767, mine also has 1215, but will be tomorrow.
GOP driver was old 5.0.1022.

I think this is just 1215/6767 addition to GOP-driver to run in full UEFI mode, (GUID 5BBA83E6+GUID 878AC2CC) for normal mapping DOS sessions at CSM is disabled, for example BSOD or error on a blue background.

Aah, i see.
Just ordered a Asus Z87M-Plus and a i5 CPU to use for miscellaneous things,
it should be here on tuesday, it will also make testing easier,
i will be home in a few hours then i will test your script.

EDIT: BTW, i asked Fdrsoft if he had FITC 9.5, though it it is only for mobile, i just need it to do some tests,
and now he has put the whole package up on S-D, don’t know if you do stuff for mobile, just thought i’d tell you.

@Pacman
Hello.
Script+VBIOS files
I made the following version 0.2
- added 6767
- added ability to select VBIOS file from another location.
The next version will add the ability to extract modules OROM/GOP/EFI VBIOS.

FITC 9.5 from me he was, but I don’t do mobile devices, so removed.

Upd Excuse Me. Corrected link.

Hi
I just got home, i will test it right away, thanks.

Aah i’m gonna keep it in my Collection, you never know, some day could be needed.

Agree. Then download again.

@SoniX
Ok, here’s some testresults, using the latest BIOS for my board 5q, i used one i had already modded with latest RST ROM/SataDriver.
With your script i first replaced the VBIOS with MSI 2175 and then 878AC2CC 6767 module, flashed = It works.
Then replaced VBIOS with 2170 Asus (Z87 Deluxe) and 6767, flashed = It works.
Of course all tests done in both UEFI and legacy mode.
The problem seems to be with Asus boards, but this seems of course good news for Gigabyte owners.
It will also be a Little bit easier when i get my Asus board, to do some testing.

EDIT: I will also try some other VBIOS files.

@Pacman
That is on all ports DP. HDMI and etc?

Upd: The Z87- Deluxe no ports D-SUB and DVI.
There was another suspect, a whitelist, which is unlikely, or reassign ports.

I have two HDMI and one DP, no DVI or D-sub, sadly i don’t have a DP cable, both HDMI ports work with 2175 + 6767 combo,
I did not test both with Asus 2170, so i will test again, and also with some other files.

If you will be able to check DP, Sin on him.

Checked Asus (Z87 Deluxe) 2170, both HDMI works, i will have to get a DP adapter to try.
I have now modded some BIOSes to test with, Biostar 2170, two more Asus, two MSI 2171, all with 6767 module.
But i will to try them tomorrow, have to get up early so i need some sleep.