[OFFER] MSI 970A‑G43 BIOS Mod with NVMe

This is based on the A.6 bios taken from the MSI website. The only modification is the addition of NVMe boot support.

It was tested using an Inland Professional 512GB 3D NAND M.2 NVMe SSD in a Vantec M.2 NVMe SSD PCIe x4 Adapter in a MSI 970A‑G43 motherboard and can boot windows 10 directly. I’m sure any combination of NVMe SSD and adapter will work.

E7693AMS.zip (3.86 MB)

@styles_k :
Your file to my msi h97 gaming 3 is right?

Hi I from Russia, i bad know English. Please me. I have not this patch Bios on my motherboard. My motherboard no see SSD in PCI-e slot.

Version provided from the author of this thread did not work for me.
So I made a mod from my own MSI 970A‑G43 bios dump, and tested it with Samsung 970 Evo series 500GB M.2 PCIe 3.0.
All is working fine, all features were tested.
Added Nvme, NvmeSmm and NVMEINT13 drivers.

You can download my version from the bottom of this post.

Instruction for ones who want to try their luck and see if their drive is recognised.

- Make a back up of your current bios using m-flash utility, note the extension of resulting file (examples .A60 or .280 both are versions and numbers might not be the same for yours)
- If your bios backup file has the same extension os the one you are trying to flash:

1. Format your flash drive to FAT32.
2. Put bios file in root of the flash drive.
3. Press delete while booting to enter bios.
4. Select Utility tab.
5. Select M-Flash.
6. Choose Flash bios from one file option.
7. Choose your bios file from the flash drive.

- Else if bios file extensions do not match:

1. Install DOS/FreeDOS on a usb flash drive. I personaly used rufus to do just that.
2. Download A.5 bios from manufacturer website download[dot]msi[dot]com/bos_exe/mb/7693vA5.zip (replace [dot] with .)
3. Extract AFUDE238.exe from archive with A.5 bios.
4. Put AFUDE238.exe and your selected bios file in root of usb flash drive with DOS.
5. Boot from said drive.
5. Run installation by typing in shell: AFUDE238 [bios file name]

E7693AMS.zip (3.9 MB)

Hi
I have MSI 970-G45 and think the bios is different

I made a bios backup with M-Flash and them modified it following this video www youtube com/watch?v=h_qRvvCWpWA
after with M-Flash (you can run bios from flash drive) i tried to run it but it wont boot.

how did you mod you file?

The same exact way it is modded in the video you sent, but the driver in the video did not work for me either.
I reached the goal by adding Nvme, NvmeSmm and NVMEINT13 drivers, you can open my modded bios from message #4 with uefitool and get them from there, then just add those drivers to your bios.

Hello Fernando I have MSI 970A-G43 Motherboard with A.60 BIOS (Latest 2016). I know it is non native NVME MB.
I have flased it with your 280 Mod BIOS and I have added NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs and NvmExpressDxe_2.ffs drivers from this forum.
Apear PATA device in BIOS but NVMe KingSpec NE2280 works only has as a only disc (Test results read= 1.640MB/s Write 1210Mb/s).
I would like to make it bootable. Could you tell me how to inyect KingSpec latest drivers into Nvm.ffs file?
Many Thanks in advance.

@KönigSpec
To make the NVMe bootable u need to follow Fernando’s guidance in point #4 of the [HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS
It must PURE UEFI environment, so go read his instructions.
There is no injection of an HW ids in the DXE modules and never were.