[OFFER] MSI Z77A-G41 NVME Mod + Microcode update + RAID ROM v13.1.0.2126

Good day gentlemen,

I was finally able to mod my MSI mainboard, to boot from nvme, use the latest Sandy & Ivy Bridge microcodes, and use the recommended RAID BIOS OpROM and EFI modules.

NVME Module is NvmExpressDxe_5 (sufficient space - no need for compression)
RAID EFI is Intel-RSTe_EFI-RaidDriver_v13.1.0.2126_GUID-90C8D394
OpROM is Intel-RST_RAID-ROM_v13.1.0.2126_TRIM-mod-acc-CPL0
Microcodes are the ones suggested by UBU. Checked and newest.

Twas a bumpy road (flashed chip 5 times), and I was only able to reach a conclusion, by using the awesome CH341A programmer. UBU was able to help only with the microcode. The rest of the modifications were done via MMTool 4.50.0.23.

Also, the programmer was able to read the chip, only after I had connected the PSU to the board, on standby. Apparently some boards need a bit more power for such things.
Not sure if this was because I had modded the programmer, to output the correct 3V3 for the chip, which is MX25L6406E, but I didn’t want to risk it.

Chipset heatsink was quite warm(strange since board was off), but no other issues.

E7758IMS.ZIP (5.4 MB)

1 Like

Hello friend.
I read your message and realized that you are a genius.
I have a motherboard MSI Z77A-G41 (MS7758) v. 3.0 and QuadCore Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge-DT IMC.
I want to change the BIOS and make the Windows and Linux system boot with NMme. Please tell me, Kind man, is your Bios microgram suitable for my purposes?
I studied this problem for a long time and found nothing except your suggestion.
Waiting for your response.
And more…
If I’m not a pro, can I install your firmware myself?
Thank you.