[OFFER] MSI ZH77A-G43 (MS-7758) BIOS mod for NVMEe boot

Hi everybody!

After ruining my nicely working Gigabyte H77 motherboard (already modded and working fine with my NVMe disk) while cleaning and replacing the CPU thermal paste by accidentally creating a fatal scratch that affected some crucial PCB tracks, luckily I was able to find a similar, sort of cheap 2nd hand one, the MSI ZH77A-G43 (MS-7758) from the topic title. Well, it would have been nice to at least find the Z only (without an H) version to be able to enjoy some overclocking abilities and, most important, have two 8x PCIe 3.0 slots instead of one 16x and one 4x PCIe 2.0. In fact, I still don’t know what’s the best combination for my 8x PCIe 3.0 video card (which I’m not using for gaming) and my NVMe drive (suggestions welcome).

Anyway… let’s go straight to the topic. After making everything work, the last step was to mod the BIOS for NVMe. So last night I followed the steps from [HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS (I already did it before for my Gigabyte motherboard) and I got a working BIOS. I had to follow the MMTool recipe, as there were some “pad files” there, but all in all it is working fine without a glitch. In fact, I didn’t even had to reinstall Windows. After a couple of restarts with the spinning bubbles, while probably it was doing something of its own stuff to adapt to the chances in hardware, the logo screen appeared in there and everything is working fine.

The BIOS I used is the last official one from the MSI product page (version 1.A, released on 2013-10-29):

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/ZH77AG43/support

WARNING: users of Z77AG43 SHOULDN’T use this mod, as it has its own different bios (please see MSI España)

Here’s the link to the modded BIOS (NOTE: it has to be the same name as the original one or, otherwise, the flashing utility wouldn’t recognize it, but it’s the modded one):

e7758ims_modded.zip (5.4 MB)

Just copy it to an empty USB drive and open it in the BIOS section for updating your, ehem, BIOS.

If you feel grateful and you wanna tip me or buy me a beer, this is my PayPal link: :wink:

Thank you for your support!