[Offer] NVMe mod ASUS P9X79 DeLuxe BIOS 4801

Hello everyone!
I am grateful for the help on this forum.
I want to tell you about my experience with the motherboard that I have.
After they helped me to make BIOS in the branch, I reflashed it.
I didn’t get the result with 4 NVME drives because of the architecture of the motherboard itself.
At most, if you have one 8-lane line to one PCIe, then only two drives on this connector will work. The second two do not turn on.
In order for all four disks to be recognized and work in the system as expected, 16 lines without switches need to go to the PCIe connector.
If there are switches (multiplexers) on the PCIe bus, they will not work in this form, or one or two at most.
All 4 disks in my PC configuration I could only enable by purchasing an adapter with a chip on it (PCI-E 16X to 4P NVMe adapter, Model LM313), ASMedia ASM2824 chipset is equipped with a PCIe 3.0x8 input port.

@Lost_N_BIOS Hi, Please reupload the BIOS from your post #23, as tinyupload is not working since 2020. Thank you in advance

Lost_N_BIOS is been away since the beginning of the year, do the mod yourself, address it to a specific user still active that can share it or post a request.

Hi, I did it myself, all good now. I have A-DATA Spectrix G40 booting on 10 years old P9X79 Deluxe board.
If someone interested, I could share. The only amendment was - insertion of NvmExpressDxe_4 module

@alex_tech @pitajax , did either of you end up adding bi-furcation? Do you mind uploading your bios please?

Can anyone please share a mirror or re-upload their BIOS?

U did noticed my notes regarding the X79 models did u? [OFFER] ASUS X79-DELUXE Bifurcation + uCode + Other Mods (2)

Wot is the problem of doing wot thousands of users already done? U cant read a bit and try urself?

Here you go @dudu , i followed the guide that this forum posted, try the bifurication + nvme mod, and as per post #23 do not flash this using Intel FPT or Direct flash it, only via usb Flashback.

P9X79DELUXEMod.rar (4.31 MB)

Only an Information, i have see these Bios have the "Above 4G Option" is Working or it "Hang the System" ?

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Request] Asus P9x79 BIOS with NVMe support

Hellow
I had and Asus P9X79 Deluxe and install adapter M.2 NVME PCIE TO M2 with SSD M2 NVME OF 256 GB. I can see in the Bios section BOOT the word “PATASS:” After folow all the instruccions in this forum but with the ASUS BIOS 4701 (i aded NvmExpressDxE2.ffs)shared for some one in this forum.
Thansk a lot.

Thank you so much for sharing your BIOS. I have been trying for a week to find or mod the BIOS to get NVME support on my Asus P9x79Deluxe. Yours is the first one to actually work. I wish I could buy you a beer. Cheers mate.

1 Like

I’m very happy to help you. Thanks for the beer))

Hello,
I’ve been following all the topics and comments related to the modified BIOS for the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe motherboard, and I need your help as I’m not an expert in dealing with modified BIOS updates. I have an ASUS P9X79 Deluxe motherboard and have updated the BIOS with the official 4801 update in ROM format as required by the ASUS website.

A few days ago, I acquired an M.2 990 Pro NVMe drive
and a PCIe M.2 adapter (link)
I installed the M.2 drive in the PCIEX16_1 slot (image)

I need a way to boot from the M.2 990 Pro NVMe drive because it does not appear during boot. What should I do?

1. Will the modified BIOS mentioned in this topic help me solve the problem and enable booting from this M.2 990 Pro NVMe drive?

2. Also, I found that my UUID is a long string of 32 characters, but the field for modification only accepts 20 characters.

3. I need an explanation of this step and whether other files need to be attached to the USB with the MS-DOS system:
    “1. MS-DOS flash Force update Bios marvell to run go.bat -b from package firmware 2.3.0.1007 on statio-drivers”

4. Finally, how do I use the attached file P9X79D.bin? When modifying the attached file’s data, which includes UUID, MAC, and S/N, should I save the changes in the same .bin format or another format?

My device :

• Intel i7-3820 3.60GHz
  • ASUS GTX 2060 (in PCIEX16_2)
  • 4 RAM modules:
    • G.SKILL RipjawsX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2400 MHz
    • G.SKILL RipjawsX 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 2133 MHz
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Storage drives:
    • System HDD, and the M.2 drive appears as an additional storage unit within the system, both NTFS, GPT.

@imNMSH

Just use the CAP (file 1) file shared on post #44

Perform a backup of the current bios on the system to save board information, for safe keep, before the mod flash.

USB BiosFBack ONLY method, smallest USB drive, FAT32, as instructed in the same post.

OR

Do you it yourself, following the forum guide.

The Marvell update of the 1rst post requires a USB boot disk and the files of the linked update.

The file on the 1rst post doesn’t contain CAP header, if for use in USB BFB (the recommended method for Asus mod flash files), replace the original Intel image on the original Asus bios update file with UEFI tool or HEX edit copy/paste after the header.

The FD44 editor must be used in this file to transfer your motherboard data.

The user ONLY used the .bin for SPI programming.

1 Like

@MeatWar
I successfully installed the modified BIOS update #44,
but there’s an issue there is no direct boot to the M.2 NVMe …
When I start the device, an error message 0xc000000e appears.

If I want to access the Windows system on the M.2, I have to go into the BIOS at startup and then select the previous SATA HDD, which appears in the boot options. Through this HDD, I am directed to the Windows system located on the M.2 NVMe !

I don’t know how to make it directly transfer me to the M.2 NVMe without the need for a SATA disk.

Here is a screenshot of the boot options :

Thats is mostly correct, read the guide, you’ll understand why.
Users tend to forgot that this is a forum solution mod and not an official NVMe implementation as in newer/chipsets boards.
So things just don’t show as expected or user friendly as in new bioses.

I do not recommend old OS installations (usually not compatible and no EFI boot entry available) or cloning.
A CLEAN, NEW OS installation has all the benefits of junk free and performance peak on this old motherboards.

1 Like

@MeatWar

Thank you for your assistance and the important clarifications. I have learned a lot of valuable information from the community and continue to learn. I wish all the best to everyone here for the support and help provided. Thank you.

I will review the guide again, knowing that I have installed a new Windows 10 Pro system and did not transfer it from another disk. Nevertheless, I will re-read the guide and look for a solution to this problem. Thank you again.

@imNMSH

You obviously have installed the OS onto the NVMe SSD, but forgot to let the Setup create a new 100 MB sized EFI boot partition named “Windows Boot Manager” onto it.
That is the reason why my Guide recommends to unplug/disconnect all storage disk drives except the NVMe SSD before starting the OS installation.

1 Like

@Fernando , @wls
It’s true, I found that when installing Windows and partitioning the disks, the EFI was placed on the previous disk. Thank you for helping me solve the problem. I reinstalled the system and modified the EFI, and now the boot is done directly through the SSD NVMe, and it also appears within the boot options. Thank you for all your replies and important clarifications for me