[Offer] NVMe mod ASUS P9X79 DeLuxe BIOS 4801

@MeatWar
I successfully installed the modified BIOS update #44,
but there’s an issue there is no direct boot to the M.2 NVMe …
When I start the device, an error message 0xc000000e appears.

If I want to access the Windows system on the M.2, I have to go into the BIOS at startup and then select the previous SATA HDD, which appears in the boot options. Through this HDD, I am directed to the Windows system located on the M.2 NVMe !

I don’t know how to make it directly transfer me to the M.2 NVMe without the need for a SATA disk.

Here is a screenshot of the boot options :

Thats is mostly correct, read the guide, you’ll understand why.
Users tend to forgot that this is a forum solution mod and not an official NVMe implementation as in newer/chipsets boards.
So things just don’t show as expected or user friendly as in new bioses.

I do not recommend old OS installations (usually not compatible and no EFI boot entry available) or cloning.
A CLEAN, NEW OS installation has all the benefits of junk free and performance peak on this old motherboards.

1 Like

@MeatWar

Thank you for your assistance and the important clarifications. I have learned a lot of valuable information from the community and continue to learn. I wish all the best to everyone here for the support and help provided. Thank you.

I will review the guide again, knowing that I have installed a new Windows 10 Pro system and did not transfer it from another disk. Nevertheless, I will re-read the guide and look for a solution to this problem. Thank you again.

@imNMSH

You obviously have installed the OS onto the NVMe SSD, but forgot to let the Setup create a new 100 MB sized EFI boot partition named “Windows Boot Manager” onto it.
That is the reason why my Guide recommends to unplug/disconnect all storage disk drives except the NVMe SSD before starting the OS installation.

1 Like

@Fernando , @wls
It’s true, I found that when installing Windows and partitioning the disks, the EFI was placed on the previous disk. Thank you for helping me solve the problem. I reinstalled the system and modified the EFI, and now the boot is done directly through the SSD NVMe, and it also appears within the boot options. Thank you for all your replies and important clarifications for me