[OFFER] Supermicro X9DAi NVME Modded bios X9DAi8.712

For anyone who may want to use this. Bios is original except for addin of NVME driver so that system can boot from NVME
X9DAi8.zip (3.7 MB)
Attached is only the bios file
You still need to download same bios from Supermicro and swap in the new .712 file. Also, you will need to create a bootable dos usb key.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi,
I’m interested in adding NVMe support to a Supermicro X9DAE BIOS. Can you describe how you created your X9DAi8 BIOS? - did you use the “Aptio IV compatible AMI UEFI MMTool” or " CodeRush’s UEFITool", etc?
Thank you.

If I remember correctly, mmtool. I have UBU setup in a folder with both mmtools renamed. I believe it was the older version. Just open the bios, follow instructions as per adding nvme to any other bios. Great thing is Supermicro bios doesn’t have any security locks, flashing just works.
I should be in my workshop later, I will see if I can’t add it for you

Did your nvme mod, here it is with screenshots of cpu microcode and proof that nvme module is inserted. Careful flashing, never had a problem with Supermicro, fortunately their bios is easy to mod and flash, no security locks or cap containers like Asus
X9DA78.A02_NVME.zip (4.1 MB)

BTW, as I mentioned, I only updated CPU microcode and inserted the nvme module. Nothing modded regarding raid oroms or intel net modules. Don’t see any huge benefit playing with that stuff, can only cause issues.
I just did one for an X10SAE which I wanted to do a Win 10 install on an NVME. Worked perfectly. Supermicro boards are very high quality, never seen one fail if there isn’t physical or water damage. They are built to last!!!

And if you haven’t flashed one before, here it is in a nutshell
Create a freedos usb flash drive with Rufus
Copy the 4 files from the zip I sent you to the flash drive
Boot to flash drive in legacy mode
At command prompt type ami.bat X9DA78.A02

WAIT for it all to finish, sometimes 10 minutes or more, when it says to power off, power off, unplug, pull cmos battery, short the cmos clear pads for 10 seconds, replace battery, boot
That’s it
Best of luck

Thanks billydv!!! - much appreciated!!!
I’ll flash the BIOS and give it a go!

Hi billydv, I’ve flashed my X9DA7/E motherboard and the updated BIOS seems to see everything and work well. Thanks very much for the new BIOS! Now I just have to change to UEFI boot mode, and reinstall everything…

Again, thanks very much for your help. :slight_smile:

Well
That’s a bit tricky without reinstall. If you are planning to unstall to a new nvme, put the nvme in an adapter and do a clean install, either win 10 22h2 or win 11 23h2. Both will work fine, all drivers will be installed automatically, DON’T ADD ANY DRIVERS!!! That will cause issues. If you experience any bsod, disable Intel Management engine on the board with jumper cap move. That’s the biggest issue with oldet Supermicro, Intel Management engine firmware not compatible with Microsoft in box drivers and bsods occur. Also, if there’s any power management options for pci express in bios, make sure to disable for the port you install your nvme drive, it is the os drive and can’t be put in low power mode