[OFFER] Var. ASUS Sabertooth X79 BIOSes (NVMe/Bifurc./uCode/OpROM)

1. Pull CMOS battery and disconnect you PSU from power (for at least 10 minutes).
  2. Unplug ALL PCI-e/PCI devices you are using, and plug only GPU (PCI [NON-express], with DirectX 8+ support if available)
  3. Check if it POSTs.
  4. If it doesn’t, use BIOS Flashback to downgrade to 470x version and check again
  5. If this doesn’t work, try to populate all memory DIMM slots/test each DIMM (for recommend occupation check manual), switch DRAM modules for something smaller capacity (1-4GB) if you own any
  6. If that doesn’t work, change CPU (for know good), and repeat all above steps.
  7. When everything above fails, you have two options :
    A) Give up, board is dead.
    B) Try to desolder BIOS chip to check if it’s valid

Hi Guys, how do I create a custom version of this mod?, I need a specific situation that the bifurcation version doesn’t suit me, I’m using my SBx79 with VMWARE Esxi 8 and a tesla p4 and a tesla p40, the P40 because it is 24gb it needs 4g decoding, but I don’t have it in the version without bifurcation, the version with bifurcation does not work correctly vt-d and I can’t passthrough the cards in the vms only with the version without bifurcation that but without 4g decoding the n da post plate with the p40

Config:

E5-2650v2 - (i will update to 2697 soom)
Tesla P4 8gb
Tesla P40 24gb
Nvidia GF 8400 - Just For Video
RAM 32GB

OS´s
Proxmox 7x
Vmware Sphere 8x

P4 Passthrough ok on 4701 no bifurcation but no post on P40 8Beep Warning
P4 and P40 Working on 47/4801 bifucation with 4g decoding On - But V-td not workin propely and passthrough on Proxmox or Vmware show error 43 or error 10

it seems to be a bug because when I activate only a single option in the version without a bifucation it works without any problem, so I sacrifice the nvme but I would like to be able to use the 4G decoding to activate the P40 as well and not have to mount it another kit for my server to use the P40

HELP :smiley:

EDIT: after spending a few minutes/hours looking here in the forum I found the programs that edit the bios to show and hide options, and also activate what I need without needing them to appear, I want to thank everyone who contributes to this community because without this community it would never be possible to put my personal project to work…
thank you all

EDIT2: 4g Decoding not working properly on SBx79 i cant use p40 on this motherboard.

[ ]´s

NeO

After a bit of trial and error, it worked.

I changed the 8x port to 4x + 4x (which is the bottom slot on the motherboard). And then put each M.2. ssd on slot 1 and 2 of the card.

The bios does seem to freezeup sometimes when trying to access or restart from being in the BIOS.

Would you be able to provide a live link please.

Super job with these mods gents :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if the x79 boards have an m.2 size limitation?

I am using multiple 500 GB units with no issues, but I can’t get a 4 TB to be recognized by my SABR. Newer machines see the 4TB just fine.

Thanks in advance

Rafal

Was that with the same PCIe adapter that you use on your SaberTooth?
Because it cant be a valid test if you used the onboard M.2 slots on a recent mb.

EDIT: I see… i was just curious about that, anyway i can’t confirm such limitation of 4Tb… we need confirmation from other users with the same size or model, that have the same NVMe mod on this old gen boards.
Thank you for your report.

Sorry, i should have specified that detail…

Newer machines see the 4TB stick with same 4x adapter and also with an older 1x adapter.
While on the x79, neither adapter works with the 4TB stick.

Rafal