[OFFER] Various Gigabyte Z170-HD3-DDR3 BIOSes with Coffee Lake support

Thank you for clearing up the 9100f confusion for me, I do have the SRF7W version (906EB) B0 of the i3 9100f.
I just had some trouble flashing with efiflash until I found your modded version, then flashing worked fine.
The CFL_MOD_Z170HD33 Bios works for me, thank you for providing it!
I might remove the insulation, but it seems to work like that as well, if there is no downside leaving it on I might leave it.

Do you know if Bios feature special overclocking abilities, like unlocking, or raising the FSB is the way to go?

@feilsch_hering Overclocking non-k Coffee Lake CPUs is limited to ~102 MHz base clock or slightly higher so you might be able to gain ~100 MHz at best.

Absolutely fantastic job. I have a request, could you please mod Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming bios mod for Coffe lake ?

@ticed If you donā€™t feel confident doing it yourself you should start a new thread requesting the BIOS mod for that motherboard so that others with that board can benefit. No-one will find it here :wink:

Will it work with engineering sample cpu ?

@xshg1 Which ES CPU specifically?

i7 QN8G "8700k"

@xshg @xshg1 Yes, that CPU requires the microcode for CPUID 906EA, so you can either use my BIOS in the third post OR Svarmodā€™s BIOS linked above.

Note that you can flash mine with Q-flash but Svarmodā€™s requires you to use EFIFlash with DOS on a bootable USB.

ok thanks for the info

@chinobino hay im relatively new to this mods concept i have gigabyte z170 hd3p motherborad on i7 6700 cpu and the latest official bios update ā€¦soo.
1.can i9 9900k work on my motherboard without any failureā€™s like the pci express and exc.?
2.should i mod the processor like you did with the red nails colors (can you send my a video link )
3.should i need only to run bios update 21 & 22 ?am i missing other thing
4.could i overclock it on the end?

@razbe83

Yes but not at full all core speed due to the GA-Z170-HD3Pā€™s VRM limitations.

I used kapton tape, if you are going to use nail polish use clear acrylic.

Yes you need to run either F20, F21 or any of the F22x beta BIOS. Itā€™s up to you.

No - the board has a 6 phase VRM (4+2) for the CPU & iGPU which will limit your power draw greatly, you may only be able to sustain heavy loads (AVX/AVX2) at around ~3GHz - 3.2GHz all core.

i cant get my i3-8350k to post on a gigabyte z170n-wifi, using the AllinOne tool, selected #1 and then used the modded efiflash tool to flash. still runs with a g4400t test cpu.

i started off isolating and shorting skyā€¦pin for safety then tried with it removed.

cant get it to post with the 8350k

i removed all the insulations, for most recent test, and link to image removed bc i havent posted enough

@hayabusaxps You would be better off starting a new thread in ā€˜BIOS Modding Requestsā€™.

Donā€™t forget to provide a link to the BIOS version you want modded.

2nd message before links

3rd message before links

i thought i might get some advice on what i may have missed rather than a complete bios mod,

the bios version i am using however is the mb_bios_ga-z170n-wifi_v2.0_f22f.zip
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Bā€¦i_v2.0_f22f.zip

@hayabusaxps The 8350K (S-spec SR3N4) is B0 stepping and doesnā€™t require any pin isolation or SKTOCC (socket occupied) mod so the issue must be with the way the BIOS was modified or flashed.

What flashing tool are you using to flash the modified BIOS?

I have modified the F22f BIOS to support the 8350K and enabled flashing with Q-flash.

Z17NWIF2_mod1.zip

Usual disclaimer: You flash a modified BIOS at your own risk. It is up to you to make sure you have the ability to recover the motherboard if the flash should fail for any reason!

Another thing to be aware of is that your motherboard has the ā€˜DualBIOSā€™ feature.

If you flash the F22f beta BIOS (stock or modified) using Q-flash it will likely only flash the main BIOS chip.

This means you will likely have a different BIOS version on your backup BIOS chip and in the event of BIOS corruption or boot failure of the main BIOS chip, your system will attempt to boot from your backup BIOS chip.

If you have the 8350K installed and the ā€˜DualBIOSā€™ feature kicks in for whatever reason then this would result in a no POST situtation and you would need to reinsert your old Skylake Pentium G4400T to be able to POST and recover the system.

To get around this potential problem you can flash the modified BIOS to both BIOS chips at the same time using EFIflash from a DOS bootable USB stick - note that you should test the modified BIOS first with Q-flash and once you have confirmed it is working ok then flash both BIOS chips using EFIflash.

You can download EFIflash here, command line options for EFIflash can be found in this thread also.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hi,
First of all great work, and nice sharing!
I have a GA Z170 Gaming K3, I would like to mod my bios to use a i5 8600k, but the link to the mod tool here on the fourms is dead.
Could You share the tool or help mi with modding?

@Semil24 I have modified the BIOS F23f for the GA Z170 Gaming K3 to support the 8600k and also enabled flashing with Q-flash;

mod1_Z170GK3.23f.zip

If you would like to learn how to do it for yourself, the easiest tool to use is CoffeeTime 0.92, which now also has a GUI [Edit: thanks to svarmod for creating/sharing this tool!].

Drag and frop the desired BIOS file (btw it must be a Gigabyte F2x BIOS with Kabylake support, Iā€™d suggest using the latest Beta BIOS F23f) onto CoffeeTime.exe and be sure to modify/patch the following;

1. ME CONSUMER 11.8.50.3425 -> downgrade to CONSUMER 11.7.0.1229
2. PCEI x16 -> Patch
3. SKU hack -> Patch
4. Init 8+ CPUs -> Patch
5. ACPI tables -> Patch
6. VBIOS 1046 -> upgrade to 1062
7. GOP 9.0.1051 with VBT 207 -> upgrade to 9.0.1107 with VBT 228
8. Microcodes -> You can keep all of the original ones (Skylake 506E3, Kabylake ES 506E8, Kabylake 906E9) and add Coffeelake 906EA for the 8600k.
9. Save image and flash with modded Efiflash from DOS (Q-flash will likely say the file is invalid as the checksum has been modified and fails the integrity check).
10. Check the system still works with your Skylake/Kabylake CPU and then do the pin mod and test with the 8600k, it should work ok on that board but you may not be able to overclock due to VRM limitations.

Wow, thanks alot! There is one more thing witch I would like to ask You just out of curiosityā€¦
If an older Fclk OC bios was modded, coud it OC coffeelake non K to?