Old laptop and AHCI

Another PC, another issue…
Lenovo X61 Tablet with ICH8M and unofficial "Middleton" BIOS to enable SATA II
OS is Windows 8 32 bit
SSD Sandisk 64GB SSDP-064G (SATA III basic model).
did run a benchmark and, although the SATA II seems enabled (from the acceptable sequential read/write values), other values are much worse… changed the driver with the "32bit Intel RST AHCI/RAID Driver v10.1.0.1008 WHQL" version found on here, but without any significant changes in the results. SSD seems to be recognised as solid state drive and win 8 Optimizer has been run just before the test.
will I get a chance to get better random values or is the mix of poor controller and cheap drive just too bad?

Cattura1.GIF

Generally the performance differences between the suitable AHCI drivers are not very great (contrary to a RAID system). So you should concentrate your search for the "best" AHCI driver on the stability differences. These 2 AHCI drivers are the candidates for your hardware configuration on Win8:
1. Win8 generic AHCI driver named storahci.sys (Controller name: "Standard SATA AHCI Controller")
2. Intel RST AHCI driver named iaStor.sys v10.1.0.1008 (Controller name: "Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller")

With this combination you cannot expect very high scores, but you may get better results, if you follow my advices, which I have layed down >here<.

another question connected to this MB/laptop…
ASPM is not present on the BIOS because of some possible incompatibility with the soundcard.
As the BIOS is already “tweaked” for other purposes (remolve of whitelist, SLIC, deletion of Thermal capping, SATA II) it could be very useful to insert also ASPM module.
here’s the link to the modded BIOS http://forum.notebookreview.com/6501443-post75.html

Although I have read your post very accurately, I didn’t find any question.
By the way: Regarding the insertion of the Power Management module I cannot help you, because I don’t have any experience with this kind of BIOS modding.

it was indeed a request but not a question… sorry my bad.