OpenFabric Alliance Version 1.5, can it get Win-RAID signed?

Hello.

I saw one post about the OpenFabric Alliance NVMe driver in this forum, and from what I saw in the last responses, no one managed to get it working with self-signing, which is how Win-RAID signs their modified Intel SATA drivers I suppose.

Since I saw some people claiming about a big performance boost when using these drivers, I tried to compile and sign them myself.
I got the source code from the OpenFabric Alliance’s SVN.

I tried it on my main machine, and it seems to work fine. No test mode or disabled integrity checks, it’s all stock.

Pictures:

It’d be willing to share the compiled binaries if Win-RAID with signing them; I can compile for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, so every user should be covered.

Maybe @canonkong could help you.

I’d like to see a signed 8.0 NVMe driver that can be installed from the setup or integrated into the setup.

Though, if you’re able to sign them yourself, why do you need someone to sign them for you?

@LeBreezyAF :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Please do a look into >this< thread. Within the second post you will find within chapter K. the OFA NVMe drivers v1.5.0.0, which have been modified and digitally signed by me (Win-RAID CA). They are usable with Win8.1 and Win10. If you are interested in mod+signed OFA drivers v1.5.0.0 for Win7 x86/x64, please let me know it. They are ready for being uploaded and linked.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@asdf23451 :

Which v8.0 NVMe driver do you mean? Who is the manufacturer?
By the way: Only WHQL certified drivers are accepted by the Setup routine of modern Windows Operating Systems.

Which v8.0 NVMe driver do you mean? Who is the manufacturer?
By the way: Only WHQL certified drivers are accepted by the Setup routine of modern Windows Operating Systems.

Hmm, maybe I could get away with the Vista or 7 boot.wim, but what I meant is the OFA drivers compiled specifically for 8.0, or if that can’t be done. the 7 drivers should also work.

Edit: If I used the 7 boot.wim, which I believe can take unsigned drivers, I’d definitely need 7 drivers.

@asdf23451 :
For me it wouldn’t make sense to integrate any modded third party NVMe driver into a Win7, Win8, Win8.1 or Win10 ISO image, because the generic MS NVMe driver is available (in-the-box or as integrated NVMe Hotfix) and supports all NVMe SSDs from scratch.
Once the OS is up and running, you can replace the NVMe driver by the desired third party driver (e.g. by the OFA one).

@Fernando :
There are no Microsoft NVMe 8.0/Server 2012 R1 drivers.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing to its author (to save space)

@asdf23451 :
Here are the options, if you want to get the first versions of Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 installed onto an NVMe SSD:
1. Use the latest version of the related Operating Systems (Win8.1 resp. W2k12 R2).
2. Load or integrate the specific third party NVMe driver, which is offered by the manufacturer of the SSD (unfortunately not all manufacturers offer such drivers).
3. Integrate the MS NVMe Hotfixes, which were designed for Win7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, into the boot.wim and install.wim of the related OS (not sure, whether it will work).

Doesn’t work, I’ve tried before

@asdf23451 :

Which option did you try and what didn’t work?
Have you tried to install Win8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2? I don’t see any reason to install the first release of an OS. If you are going to do a fresh OS install, you should use the latest available version of it.
Your chosen thread title indicates, that you believe, that a Win-RAID CA signed OFA driver would be the solution, but - as I already told you - this wouldn’t work either.

Which option did you try and what didn’t work?
Have you tried to install Win8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2? I don’t see any reason to install the first release of an OS. If you are going to do a fresh OS install, you should use the latest available version of it.
Your chosen thread title indicates, that you believe, that a Win-RAID CA signed OFA driver would be the solution, but - as I already told you - this wouldn’t work either.

I’ve tried option 1, and have always found that 8.0/2012 R1 is better
I’ve tried option 2, and have found no drivers for my specific SSD
I’ve tried option 3, and it looks like it integrates, but it doesn’t integrate
I’ve also tried the current Windows 7 NVMe driver, and it doesn’t boot after installing it, just going to startup repair.