Optiplex 3050 Intel AMT

Thanks for the info, I checked the actual BIOS settings already and told you what the defaults were (Enabled)

plutomaniac Good idea to test above! Also, since he mentioned “6” can this be disabled in the FD, maybe that’s only thing I’m not certain how to check? I do see at ME kernel, “Hide MEBx update” from user, but I don’t think this is same thing I saw you mention on the other Dell ME “3” and “6” discussions.
If all fails, then we can just put him on non SFF BIOS, since he has programmer.

Most of these Dell AMT unlocks are simple settings adjustable via FIT. The “ME LOCKOUT” is more complicated as it disables the ME via the FD and presumably also has some BIOS locks of some sort. Maybe these motherboard model IDs refer to SFF or the normal one. If he has a programmer then testing these is very easy and safe. I would use the outimage_fix.bin and just replace each of those two 9MB BIOS regions to see if MEBx can be accessed.

Thanks plutomaniac - yes, he has programmer, switching in/out BIOS regions is OK for test, but final BIOS will need more work to transfer over Asset Tag, serial, all that in NVRAM/Padding etc.
how to check/change the ME Lockout at FD, I’ll make him a test BIOS using his backup of the proper model, then we’ll see if more editing is required or not (Since it appears to be already enabled in BIOS-side, and now at ME-side too)