OROM and driver for x79?

My current rst OROM version is 12.7.0.1936 which I am using with an ssd raid0 array however, after using trimcheck it appears trim is not working. Can someone please link me to an OROM and driver combo that will allow trim in raid0 and still be performant.

I also have the choice of RSTe in the UEFI if that would be more suitable for my needs.

Thank you.

My current motherboard is an ASUS Sabertooth X79 with bios version 4701.
http://www.servimg.com/view/15488840/43

If I were you, I would try the Intel RAID driver/OROM combo v12.9 (Driver: v12.9.4.1000, ROM: v12.9.0.2006). Although all Intel RAID ROM versions of the v12 line should natively support the TRIM in RAID0 feature, it may be a good idea to insert the "Universally TRIM modified" variant of the ROM module (Note: Do not take the "Especially modded" variant for X79 systems, because your on-board Intel SATA RAID Controller has been switched to DEV_2822.).

According to many reports published by X79 RAID users this is not a good alternative.

For RSTe you say: According to many reports published by X79 RAID users this is not a good alternative.

But your recommendation is : Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.9.0.2006 = good choice for Intel 5- and 6-Series Chipset RAID systems (matching RAID driver: Intel RST(e) v12.9.4.1000)

Is there a difference between RSTe and RST(e) ? If so, this is very confusing and I wish this was denoted differently.

If I use Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.9.0.2006 will it be listed as RST or RSTe within the UEFI?

If I use Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.9.0.2006. Do I also need a "modded" driver/console to pair with it?

Big thanks any clarification here.

The RSTe/RST(e) drivers themselves look rather similar, because they both have the iaStorA.sys file as RAID driver and the iaStorF.sys file as SCSI filter driver, but the great difference is, that the real "Enterprise" RSTe RAID drivers only support Intel C600/C600+ Series Chipset SATA RAID Controllers with the DeviceID DEV_2826, whereas the RST RAID drivers (I name them RST(e) because of the additional SCSI driver) do support the "Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controllers" with the DeviceID DEV_2822.

Your BIOS will list them as "RST".

No, provided you are using the RST option of your UEFI BIOS.
As long as you will use the "RST" option, the Intel SATA RAID Controller of your X79 system will have the DeviceID DEV_2822, which is fully supported by the Intel RST RAID driver v12.9.4.1000 WHQL.

Is everything clear now?

Indeed. Thank you for the clarification. I will now replace the original OROM with the "trim modified" OROM as you suggested.

After flashing the bios with the updated OROM, will I need to recreate my raid0 array or format the array and reinstall windows?

Thanks again!

No, but neverthelss it is always a good idea to save the most important data before you are going to flash the modded BIOS.

It worked. Thanks for the help!

trim.jpg