[OUTDATED] Intel Ethernet/LAN Drivers

@khanmein :
Thanks for the info and the link to the complete Intel® Ethernet Adapter Connections CD v22.9, which is available at Intel’s Download Center.

@all:
For Win10 x86/x64 users with a modern Intel Ethernet Connection I217, I218 or I219, who just want to get the “pure” brandnew Intel Ethernet driver 12.17.8.7 dated 09/29/2017 (instead of the >600 MB sized complete Set v22.9), I have extracted and attached them both.
EDIT: Both drivers now additionally contain the required files named nicco4.dll and NicInstD.dll.

32bit Intel Ethernet driver v12.17.8.7 WHQL for Win10 x86.rar (370 KB)

64bit Intel Ethernet driver v12.17.8.7 WHQL for Win10 x64.rar (371 KB)

@Fernando
Is there new driver for Win7 in CD v22.9? I’m on 12.15.25.6712 from 12-Jul-17.

Thanks

Yes, there are new 32/64bit e1d62 Win7 drivers v12.17.8.7 dated 09/27/2017 as well.
EDIT1:
I have attached them as well.
EDIT2:
Both drivers now additionally contain the required files named nicco4.dll and NicInstD.dll.

32bit Intel Ethernet driver v12.17.8.7 WHQL for Win7 x86.rar (323 KB)

64bit Intel Ethernet driver v12.17.8.7 WHQL for Win7 x64.rar (369 KB)

@Fernando
Can you add nicco4.dll and NicInstD.dll from CD v22.9 in .rar because right now I can’t install v12.17.8.7.

@ Horus:
Done!

Thanks I installed it now without any problem!

I was using Intel drivers v12.15.25.6712 for my I218-V chipset under Windows 7.
I’ve noticed that there is new driver v12.17.8.7 - does it cause any problems?

@Lex :
What do you mean? Problems by sticking to the older driver or problems by changing to the newer one?
In both cases my answer is: “No”.

@Fernando : I would like to upgrade to new drivers (v12.17.8.7) but in the past there were some problems with new driver version and it was prefered to stick to the old version so I wanted to ask if these new ones are ok.

Here is a link to your post as reference of such problems in the past: [All about] Intel Ethernet/LAN Drivers (2)

@Lex :
I personnally didn’t recognize any problem with the new Intel Ethernet driver v12.7.8.7, but each specific system may react different to a specific driver.
The safest method to find out the best driver is to compare the matching drivers yourself.

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Connections v23.0

@khanmein :
Thanks for the info and the link.

@Win10 users with a modern Intel chipset system:
The big sized package named “Intel(R) Ethernet Adapter Connections v23.0” contains brandnew 32/64bit Intel Ethernet drivers v12.17.8.9 dated 12/27/2017 for Win10, but no new Win7 drivers.
For users, who are running Win10 and just want to manually install the extremely small sized suitable 32/64bit driver, I have attached the related links.

32bit Intel Ethernet driver v12.17.8.9 WHQL for Win10 x86.rar (328 KB)

64bit Intel Ethernet driver v12.17.8.9 WHQL for Win10 x64.rar (375 KB)

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Connections v23.1

@khanmein :
Thanks for the info. Yesterday I have checked the content of the new complete v23.1 package, but couldn’t find newer Win7/10 Intel Ethernet drivers than those, which I had already attached to previous posts.

Hi, I have the Intel 82578DC Ethernet Controller (my motherboard is an Intel DH55HC), and I usually use Linux (Solus, to be precise).
I have installed Windows mainly due to the fact that I need OpenCL functioning properly on my Sapphire Radeon 5850 Xtreme (otherwise, I am just fine with the integrated graphics), and I have noticed that my ethernet controller simply fails to work, and Intel’s official drivers (I had opened the INFs of 23.1, 23, 22.7, 22.4, 22.3, and 22.1) simply does not include the 82578DC, despite it being listed in the changelog (amongst others, half of which are nowhere to be found in the INFs).

Now, I do know a bit about modding drivers (not nearly enough to be worthy being called a modder, though), so I am currently attempting to mod the drivers (first 23.1, and if that fails, I’ll try 22.7, and if that fails, then finally 22.3), however I do not really know part of what I am doing, so whatever the results are, can you please try adding support to the 82578DC, since according to my understanding your modded drivers are WHQL (I still have no idea how to sign drivers)?

I am sorry for just dropping like this, this is the only issue I am currently having with my setup, and since I am a perfectionist, It will be very hard for me to just put in a PCI ethernet adapter.

Thank you in advance, and I hope that my actions are not misunderstood.

Update: Both 23.1 and 22.7 failed for me, I still need to attempt 22.3 (the minimum version required by Windows 10 17.03+ (I am running 18.03), here are the modded files, if anything can be gleaned from them.

V.22.7.zip (14 KB)

V.23.1.zip (14 KB)

@moriel5 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

If you want to get a driver installed, which natively doesn’t support the related device of your system, but may be compatible with it, you can add the missing HardwareIDs of the device into the related section of the associated *.INF file.
You can get the HardwareIDs of any device by running the Device Manager, expanding the related section, where the device is listed (here: “Network adapters”), doing a right-click onto the device and choosing the options “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”.

No, I do not modify any driver upon request.
By the way:
1. After having modified any driver, I give it a digital signature, but not a WHQL stamp, which only can e given by Microsoft.
2. You can install any unsigned driver after having disabled the “Force Driver Signature” option.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks, that

Thank you very much, I had also really enjoyed your RST and IME drivers (although I do want to know whether it is perfectly safe to install the last v6 version, since it links to Lenovo’s website), and am currently planning on updating the IME itself (I’ll ask my questions regarding that on the IME thread, since I am pretty sure that I have the correct files, however I need to be sure of what I am doing to prevent any damage).

That’s what I tried doing, plus adding in missing information, based upon earlier drivers and other devices, however I do not seem to be able to make the ethernet adapter work (22.3 has also failed on me, it and it is also attached here, so that anyone who wishes could tell me what I may or may not be doing wrong).

I’m sorry for misunderstanding, I had also since writing my previous post, seen that someone else had asked you to modify these drivers for a different adapter, and received the same answer.
I’m perfectly fine with that.

Although your RST drivers (and the were labeled as signed) showed up as unsigned when installing them (could that be due to Microsoft’s aggressiveness regarding WHQL?)

22.3.zip (13.3 KB)

If you had previously imported the Win-RAID CA Certificate, all Windows Operating Systems accept these mod+signed drivers as properly digitally signed. Things are different, when you integrate a mod+signed driver into a Windows OS Image or load it during the OS installation. Since the Setup cannot evaluate the trustworthiness of the signer, it shows the driver forever as not digitally signed.
Now to your request: I don’t have the time to give you tips about how to modify the INF file. You will have to find it out yourself.

The device model name is absolutely unimportant. You have to add the related HardwareIDs (VEN_XXXX, DEV_XXXX and maybe the SUBSYS_XXXXXXXX).

Sorry, I hadn’t paid attention to the certificate, giving all of my attention the drivers themselves, now I have imported it.

Thanks, it’s fine.
That is why I had reworded my request to asking anyone who may wish to help.

That is what I did, in addition to adding the required information to the "Windows 10 for 64-bit EXTENDED PLATFORM" section, and adding to the device model to the translations section (I am a perfectionist, I realized that this part was not necessary).

I bought a mobo (gonna use win7) and I don’t now which intel ethernet controller it has:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B360M-D3H-rev-10#sp

Only says “Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)” Well… That’s too general.
Maybe I don’t need to know which controller it is. I believe this installer will work but…
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa…-?product=36773

But I don’t want the bloatware it brings. The page says it installs: PROSet, driver, ANS, FCoE, and DCB support
I think I only need the driver right? What are the other stuff?

@Fernando