[OUTDATED] PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)

@ Gannet:

That is what I think as well. You can replace both Marvell ROM modules by using the same new version as source. Only the related DeviceID hex codes have to be customized.

@Fernando
The only thing strange is that no possibility to change any settings in updated ROM at booting. It just trying to find DHCP from Server. And no offers to push Ctrl+I to enter Settings as it was in old Option Rom while booting. Is that allright (and how to enter and change settings ?) or something wrong ?

@ Gannet:

Enter the BIOS and look for the option "Option ROM Messages" or similar, which is usually within the "BOOT" section. It should be set to "Force BIOS".

I’v tried “Force BIOS” but nothing’s changed in both cases - for both network adapters. In both cases it just tries to boot from PXE. Then, when it can’t find it, just exits and passes to next boot device. In OS both adapters it seems works well. May be in this ROM there is no settings to change at all ? o_O

That seems to be possible. Since you have configurated both OROM modules as the previous were, the updated ones should work.
By the way: It is rather unusual to do the LAN settings by hitting CTRL+I.
I would let everything as it is now until you will run into any troubles.

@Fernando
Yes they are both works in OS. In older OROMs there was message offering to push Ctrl+I to enter settings (there was three options: booting, RPL(don’t know what it means) and exit).
And the unpleasant thing I found: now immediately after RAM testing system waiting for something indefinitely. If I push DEL, it displays “Entering Setup…”, if I push F8, It displays “Entering the BBS POPUP menu…” but still waiting for something indefinitely. Nothing helped until I turning computer off and then also turning off PSU for a several seconds. After that it boots good. This issue happens when I’m rebooting my comp several times by Ctrl+Alt+Del. Strange thing but may be this issue were with old OROMs - I don’t know. Now all I can is turn back to BIOS with old Marvell OROMs check this. It’s a pity .

@ Gannet:

Before you are going to flash the old BIOS, I recommend to run the Device Manager and to look into the "Property" settings of both Marvell Network Controllers.
Maybe you can solve your problem this way.

Good luck!

What exactly should I look there ? I seems all is looking good there.

Ok, that verifies, that both Marvell Network Controllers are working fine for the OS.
Now I would enter the BIOS and make sure, that the option "Wake on LAN" is set to DISABLED.

There are no "Wake on LAN" option in my BIOS. But here is my current APM Configuration:

I don’t think, that the APM Configuration settings will help us.
If you want to find out the reason for the minor issue you have realized with your updated Marvell LAN ROM modules, you may reflash your previous BIOS and compare the situation with your current one.
After having done that, you can decide, which will be the better option for you and your system.

The thing is that issue appears not all the time. I’m noticed that after RAM testing BIOS begins to test any USB-devices connected. I have several such devices connected: mouse, scanner, webcam, printer. May be the reason is in USB legacy support option that is ON in BIOS Settings. Anyway before Option ROM update I didn’t notice such issue. I need to test it in several ways: 1) reflash old BIOS without updated Marvell OROMs and to check with OROM switched on and Force BIOS options and 2) to try with USB legacy support switched off or with any USB-devices disconnected.

Thanks for your attention, Fernando.

I’m noticing a lack of USB 3.0 ROM modules. ASMedia, NEC/Renesas and Etron are common USB 3.0 chips on motherboards.

@ PALADiN:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

If you ore someone else will give me the links to the newest USB 3.0 ROM modules or to the site, where I can find them, I will add them to the start post of this thread at once.

Regards
Fernando

If you ore someone else will give me the links to the newest USB 3.0 ROM modules or to the site, where I can find them, I will add them to the start post of this thread at once.

Regards
Fernando

When Station Drivers gets everything up and running again, they’re a good place to go for USB 3.0 ROM modules. They’re going through a site redesign at the moment and not all the previous content is up yet.

Thanks for the info.
Yes. I know that (Station-Drivers.com is our partner site), but the recovering of the database with all previously linked ROM modules will take a while.
So if you or someone else should find actual USB 3.0 ROM modules, which are delivered from the various USB Controller manufacturers, please let me know it.

Motherboard: GA-H67N-USB3-B3 with i3-2100t and intel hd 15.28.18.64.3223 drivers.
Bios f9 with vga bios:

After mod with 2158 vbios there is no hdmi audio in audio options (yes i have ‘show disabled devices’ option enabled)
Only realtek analog, coaxial and optical outputs:

In device manager Intel display audio is available without errors.

Anyone had similiar problem with gigabyte mobo?

Zitat von tomek im Beitrag #57
Motherboard: GA-H67N-USB3-B3 with i3-2100t and intel hd 15.28.18.64.3223 drivers.
Bios f9 with vga bios:

After mod with 2158 vbios there is no hdmi audio in audio options (yes i have ‘show disabled devices’ option enabled)
Only realtek analog, coaxial and optical outputs:

In device manager Intel display audio is available without errors.

Anyone had similiar problem with gigabyte mobo?

Try reinstalling the drivers for the iGPU to a newer version.

Newest drivers are installed. I have tried downgrading/reinstalling. No luck.
When i reflash bios with old vga bios hdmi audio works fine.

Please check the version with the version of 2143

iGPU_VBIOS_v2143.rar (37 KB)