[OUTDATED] PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)

Realtek PXE ROM 2.57 / UEFI UNDI Driver 2.023
Release: 2013/9/9
Version: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.57 (08/27/13)

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/down…3&GetDown=false

@ Pacman:

Thanks for the link!
The new Realtek LAN PCI ROM module v2.5.7 is now listed withn the start post of this thread (inclusive direct download links).

New from "Network Connections Software 18.7".
OROM amd EFI (as FFS) Modules Intel LAN
Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.5.43 with DID 10d3/1502/1503/150c/1533/153a/153b
UEFI x64 PCI-E gigabit driver v5.9.07 with GUID 4953F720-, 10989AA4-

Upd:
FFS modules are already compressed for those who have a problem with the free space in the BIOS.

Intel_LAN_OROM_FFS.rar (154 KB)

Hi, possible my p8p67le mobo Nic with 10ec,8168 upgrade this v2.5.7.bin? Thanks

Yes, you can replace the current Realtek LAN OROM by the v2.5.7 one.

Realtek OROM v2.58
ftp://WebUser:[email protected]/cn/nic/RTEGPXE.258.zip

Thanks, SoniX!

The new Realtek LAN-ROM v2.58 is now available within the start post of this thread.

thanks for this update. but how to flash it on Realtek lan ?

Update the Realtek ROM module of the BIOS and flash it the usual way.

hello. u mean I can use RTEGROM.nic or RTEGROM.lom straight replace my current bios using MMTools? or I need to edit both RTEGROM.nic/lom to RTEGROM.bin before replace. Thanks

The BIOS of Mainboards with an on-board Realtek Ethernet Controller DEV_8168 usually just contains the Realtek ROM module named rtegpxe.lom. The Realtek LAN-ROM module I am offering within the start post can be used without any modificaton for these Realtek Ethernet Controllers with a DeviceID 8168.

@Fernando
@SoniX
Here is Haswell VBIOS, Build Number: 2178 PC 14.34 09/03/2013
Dev ID 8086,c12
I have not tried it myself yet.

MSI_HSW_VBIOS_2178.zip (37.1 KB)

thanks… It works… without changing to Binary. thanks

Need to test. Probably will not work on any of the ports of video.

ADD:
Result test
ASUS Z87-Plus / i7-4770K
VBIOS - 2178
D-SUB - Ok!
DVI - Ok!
HDMI - Ok! (wirh audio)
DP - could not check. There is no necessary equipment.

Add:
ASUS Z87-Deluxe and ASUS Z87 Hero /i7-4770K
VBIOS 2178
All videoports - Ok.

For anyone with a mobile SB/IVB CPU, here is the latest vBIOS (v2158).

Thanks, SimpleTech!
I have added the Intel VGA ROMs v2158 for the Intel iGP Controllers DEV_0102 ("Desktop") and DEV_0106 ("Mobile") to the start post of this thread.

confused about the Intel LAN section. I have a DEV_10CE chipset. Will those ROMs work with it? I extracted the ROM from my BIOS to find Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.3.27.IBA. It looks like it will work but I am very confused about editing the DeviceID with a hex editor. Which part of the ROM file needs editing?

@ Mangix:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

If you are not sure about where and how to change the hex code of a BIOS module, you should not try it. By the way: An update of a LAN-ROM usually has no effect on the performance and is only recommended for systems, which are using the Wake-on-LAN option.
Unfortunately I am not at home for a while and have only limited access to my stored data. When I will back I will offer you an Intel LAN ROM module, which has already been customized for your Intel Ethernet Controller. Please give me the link to the actual mainboard BIOS of your system.

Regards
Fernando

From my point of view, I just have an .rom file containing the intel lan pci rom, my bios .rom file, and MMTool. I successfully flashed my own BIOS mod containing a newer Intel RST PCI ROM(old one was v7.5 or something. ancient).

What I know is that I can simply replace the currently present LAN PCI ROM with MMTool but am unsure at which offset to modify the .rom file or if I even need to.

Anyway since you asked, the stock BIOS is found at: http://support.gateway.com/support/drive…1&uid=396345619

My BIOS with the newer RST is at: https://mega.co.nz/#!PRJQ0Ihb!CBXm2SoNqU…haJbWxmB3tBba34

edit: old Intel LAN PCI ROM contained within both BIOSes: https://mega.co.nz/#!2F53ABDI!UGXKIHjoel…dB3s8dqgeWEddQQ

edit2: I found the offset at 0000046 by hexdumping both ROMs and diffing them. I found the device ID to be 02/03-15 (1502/3 in little endian order) but I also found a difference at 0000007 of af/b0. Not sure is that’s important.

@ Mangix:

If you want help from my side, you will have to wait some days, because I am far away from home.

Regards
Fernando