P6X58D-E MARVELL 9128 SSD TRIM

Grettings to everyone.
I’m new here. I’m from Genoa, Italy.
I have a question about my system.
Specs : Asus P6X58D-E / Windows 7 X64 / the 6 sata ports on Intel ICH10 are used by:
- 4 HDD set as raid 1+0 ( drivers Intel Rapid Storage … version 10.xx can’t remember right now)
- 1 BR burner
- 1 SSD Sata II Corsair Accelerator cache

So : trim problem !
I read so much over the internet that actually i’m very confused.
My simple desire is to have the cache SSD working at best with trim support.
Right now the SSD, as I wrote, is connected to the ICH10 chipset, but there is a raid array so I’m not sure if the Intel Rapid Storage is passing TRIM commands ( activated form windows, I did the check) to SSD.
1) Is there an Intel Rapid Storage version that really pass trim commands to an ssd Not in the raid array ? If yes Which number version ( right form my motherboard ) ?
2) Marvell 9128 : I’m pretty sure that Microsoft AHCI 1.0 driver should pass trim to SSD … is it right ?
3) There is a post, here, claimining that the marvell driver 1.2.0.1045 support trim and offer better performance over microsoft’s one … is it correct ?
I really hope that anybody here could help me once and for all to get as much as possible for my rig.
Best regards and thank you for help and attention

Sergio

@ zambosky1965:
Hello Sergio,
welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

AFAIK all Intel RST drivers from v11.x.x.xxxx up let the TRIM command pass the Intel SATA RAID Controller into the SSD, unless the SSD itself is a member of a RAID array.

Yes, but the Marvell SATA Controller is much less performant than the Intel one.

I have no doubt, that this info was correct.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you so Much Fernando ! Ok I’m finally sure about every possibile choice.

One final question:
- My SSD is NOT part of the Raid Array.
You say that from Intel Rapid Storage 11.x.xxx … TRIM COMMAND pass to SSD … Great ! That’s my final decision. Keep it where it is now.
But : My MB Asus P6X58D-E has got ICH10 chipset … so : what is the latest RAID version of IRS right for my chipset ? And where may I find it ?
I read in other posts, from you, that latest version does not support my chipset anymore…

Again thank you so much for your help and thank you for the welcome, appreciated.

Sergio

EDIT by Fernando: Quoted text shortened and re-formatted

If I were you I would install the "classical" Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 WHQL. You can find it within the start post of >this< thread.