P9D-I BMC Problem

Hi!

I recently get P9D-I board aftermarket and find out that built in BMC not working (ASMB7-iKVM). So i have updated the BIOS to latest one from ASUS site(via ch314a and via EZFlash). Turning BMC onwith jumper got it not found - in BIOS it’s not even getting BMC version. Onboard VGA not working as well. AIDA64 on Win 10 with external VGA card and enabled onboard one - showing me onboard card (AST1300). So tried to flash BMC with ASUS DOS utility (forceboot parameter used as well as preserve settings) - no success - not able to connect to BMC . Than tried to get it flashed with socflash (with force and skip key) utility from ASPEED - it says device found on 1a03:2300 rev. 21 some details regarding flash type etc… but at the end - The BMC is protected, skip to update firmware image.

at the end - no any info on BMC in BIOS (mac, fw ver etc all missing), onboard vga not working (i think its fully connected to BMC as they are physically SoC)…

Can someone advice how BMC firmware can be restored in this case?

Hi,

I have same issue like you with my BMC. I can’t flash it with socflash → "The BMC is protected, skip to update firmware image."
Have you found a solution to fix it ?

Thank,