PC shuts at exactly 29:41 uptime everytime - IME FW 0.0.0.0 in Bios

I’ve got an error at the end.
Bios is still showing IME FW as 0.0.0.0 but Device Manage shows Intel Management Engine Interface with the yellow warning (triangle with exclamation mark)

Edit: -greset restarted my system. Is that supposed to happen?

Edit #2: Device status for IME in Device Manager shows:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Attached.

output.txt (6.55 KB)

You have not reset the BIOS jumper on the motherboard. Put it at its default location, power on the system, do a "-greset" (yes, restarting is supposed to happen) and check again to see if the problem is gone.

You are right.
Problem was I ran the -greset before connecting the Jumper.

It works now.

MEInfo output attached.

Let me know if everything’s OK in there.

Thanks you so much for helping me.
You’ve saved me a lot of trouble.

output.txt (10.7 KB)

Yes, everything looks fine. The 30 minute shutdown problem should be gone now.

Thank you so much for all of your help and patience!

One more question now:
Resetting the Bios or changing Bios settings like Boot Order will break my system again?

No, it should work just fine.

Hello

I have found this topic and the info here seems to be very helpful to resolve the same issue I have with my SONY VAIO machine - svf15213cbw

It is based on HM76 chipset, i5-3337U CPU.

Symptoms are the same - 29 min and power off.

ME info v7 says:
Error 9455: Fail to read FW Status Register value 0x0

fptw64.exe -i

Error 201: [FPTw64.exe] cannot be run on the current platform.
Please contact your vendor.

Any idea on how to cure this guy?

ME7/8 FW tools only works (CMD Admin) in OS environment if the ME device is present in Device Manager and loaded driver.

[Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization

EDIT: HM76 only uses ME FW 7/8.x, (Its not 9 or 11) read careful the guide, use tools to correctly identify the ME (from a user dump of the same model or) from the extracted bios package of the same bios version currently on the system.
You asked help, i pointed a solution, its not an easy task for un-experienced users, cant do it for you, its a user side operation. Read and learn and needs your time and concentration on the subject.

ME FW tools uses Admin CMD line interface, MEAnalyzer just need to drop a file on the exe

Again… you will not do this in 5m… prepare to take some time on it. Just a quick search on the forum, and you’ll see plenty of users with the same issue, their issue resolved/experience are also a tip source for you.
Good luck and any valid questions (Assuming that you read the guide and understood it) can be posted on the thread of the guide linked, OverNout.

Thanks

I am a little bit lost with the variety of versions, could you help?
Following the documentation (D3)
I have downloaded:
ME7 + ME 9.0 Repository r11

Inside ME 9.0 Repository r11 I see a lot of RGN files.

D3 #3 states:
Open the dumped SPI/BIOS image with ME Analyzer to see what major/minor version we need as well as SKU. In this case we have

What file should be opened? What command I should give ME Analyzer?

intel 7x chipset use ME8.1 as always. What is your device anyways?

You should download the ME 8 Repository r20 and Intel ME System Tools v8 r3 . if your laptop use 1.5mb ME then the max you could do is 8.1.70.1590, if it’s 5mb ME then the max is 8.1.72.3002.

Intel 7 Series uses ME FW images 7.x and 8.x… maybe you were too young back in 2012, so please do not indulge the users to incorrect information as it differs in bios versions and updates made the manufacturers, that were made since their original launches.

isn’t HM76 is Panther Point, which uses me 8.x? I checked the latest ME 7 (7.1.92.3273 and 7.1.80.1214) which i saw it’s CPT/PBG? PPT is the one for Panther point…

NOW in 2022, because all manufacturers updated their bios to their products according to Intel releases, understand now?
Lets say you had the luck to found a forgotten notebook/motherboard brand new, in an old shop depot (with Intel 7 series H7x/Z7x) released in 2012/2013 with the initial bios release, you wont find ME 8.1 in it.
This is why i correct your information, this is the user responsibility to verify its OWN hardware and version, you advised him with the latest possible option only.

Indeed the ME7/71 were used in Cougar Point and the 8.x in Panther Point.
I correct a bit my info, to a better understanding of procedure, the user shouldn’t use ME 8.1 to clean an spi dump being the original FW inside an 8.0 FW, it should always use the same MINOR version.
It should always update his ME FW by the last bios by the manufacturer, then it can update solo within the same MINOR version/the last know higher 8.1 in this case.