Please add microcode for Quad Q6600 for GIGABYTE GA-8I945P-G

Hello.
I have a GIGABYTE GA-8I945P-G motherboard.

I have a Quad Q6600 processor.

In the list of supported processors, only Intel® Pentium® D is supported
Intel® Pentium® 4

Yes, this is quite expected for the 945 chipset, but there are many successful reports that 4-core Core 2 Quard processors were launched on this chipset without any problems.

945pg.f11.PNG

Analyzing the BIOS, you can see how old the microcodes are (Already since 2003 :))

I want to say that the BIOS chip is very old, and it will not be possible to flash it through Ch341, so the modification must go through Q-Flash

I think you can start this processor by adding all the new microcode.

The only thing is that I have experience in editing BIOS 1151, but no experience with 775, so I am asking you for help.

In short, I need to remove all existing microcodes from the BIOS (remove the damn old stuff), add microcodes for
Quad Q6600 and for Pentium 630 and 640

Please help me as soon as possible. Thank you

945pg.zip (387 KB)

This motherboard has old revision of VRM. It doesn’t support of any Core 2 Duo or Quad.

@DeathBringer The motherboard supports Pentium D 960, which in turn has a TDP of 135W.
And the Quad Q6600 only has 105W.
So everything should fit fine

@vismut1822 This post describes the VRM issue with C2D requiring lower voltages.

I dunno if you can get a Q6600 to work on that board but I’m highly confident you can make it work with a 65nm C2D. I did a pin mod recently on a E6400 so I can use it on a P5PL2 ver1.00, did the same on an E2140 and it also worked. Search for “Popytka_ukrotit_Conroe” on the internet and you gonna find people from ~2006 that made C2D usable on 945 pentium D only. Any c2d is an update Vs the D’s. My P5PL2 needed D23-C23 connected and AL3 isolated, I also added 45nm microcodes for an E5400 but that one didn’t work. You gonna need microcodes for C2D add the ones you need for the specific stepping. I suggest u try with some disposable Celeron E1200 / Dual Core E2160 etc first and then check the quad. If you use tape/nail paint and contact marker it should be reversible.

You probably only need the pins I modded too, in my case both CPU’s booted up with 1.5Vcore but I reduced it via bios afterwards to 1.3V. Asus officially added C2D on P5PL2 on REV 2.00, my two P5PL2’s 1.00 wouldn’t post with any C2D.

I typed in the query as you asked and found a lot of valuable information.

I also found a lot of valuable information on one site.
One of them is that on GA-8I945P-G you can install someone else’s BIOS from GA-8I945PS3 (DS3) all board revisions

The interest doesn’t end there.

On the website of the manufacturer of the same someone else’s board,
starting with the FFd BIOS version there is a description of the BIOS changes:
"beta bios
Enable 45nm CPU with non official support, due to Intel having no official guarantee for 45nm CPUs on non-3 series chipsets "

It turns out that support for 45nm processors has been added.
Unknown if Quad / Quad Xeon will work

I thank you for giving me such valuable information.

Depends on the board but I couldn’t boot with the E5400 at all, my biggest issue so far is the loose PCIe bus. If u want 266MHz FSB you also OC the PCIe to around 118-120 which is very high for some GPU’s. The high multiplier SKU’s are the best options in my case. For the Win7 usage I wanted it its great and Vs the 915 D is like half the power/heat.