Poor SATA Performance with Gigabyte GA-G41M combo rev. 2.0

Hi Fernando,

my evga 780i mainboard with your perfect Nforce Driver is damaged. So I changed shortly to this GA-G41M combo rev. 2.0 board. I used all components from my old board, but i have a poor SATA performance.

I know this Board have no AHCI/Raid. The Manual said there is a SATA II Controller. In the BIOS i can change SATA to AUTO, Combined, Enhanced and NON-Combined.
I used every mode with several intel drivers and all Sata ports. I installed win 7 several times with no better result.

In the Device Manager I see only UDMA 5. Comparing to my 780i i have a lame duck.

Intel Controller 27C0:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C0&SUBSYS_B0021458&REV_01
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C0&SUBSYS_B0021458
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C0&CC_01018F
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C0&CC_0101

Can I get a better performance or is this board so bad ?

@Troll :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Yes, your system has an Intel ICH7 Southbridge and according to >this< Gigabyte page the on-board Intel SATA Controller doesn’t support the AHCI or RAID mode.

The "Enhanced" mode will probably be the best option.
I used every mode with several intel drivers and all Sata ports. I installed win 7 several times with no better result.

Contrary to NVIDIA Intel has never released a SATA driver, which supports the Intel SATA Controller while running in IDE mode.
As a consequence you will have to use the Windows in-box IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)