[Problem] Asrock H110M-DVS r3.0 | TPM Issue

I am new at bios modding. I just bought a month ago a BGA to LGA CPU that works but after using it seems that Intel PTT its not seeing the TPM Module in BIOS. From what I see and know that TPM was provided by ME firmware (906ED [EA]) wasn’t having that needed stuff to work so tried to use a newer ME Firmware and result was a unstable system. Its there any way to modify the ME Firmware to add that thing that makes TPM works / Should i try getting a new non corporate ME Firmware ?

BIOS.bin

I’m sorry, but seems there are some misunderstandings here.

The boards support either a software TPM provided by Intel ME or a discrete TPM module. The software / Intel-ME provided TPM can be enabled / disabled in bios settings.

906ED or EA are CPU microcodes, nothing to do with TPM.

There are changes made to the ME configuration, seems there was a try to (partially) disable the ME:

Might be Coffe time mod? No info given.

Of course, a disabled (or corrupt ME) will not provide a TPM functionality? But again no info given if tpm module installed.

Hi. Thank you for fast respond i am very confused too. Its a software given tpm from what i can tell because the vendor in Devices Manager was AMI. Also yes i used Coffee time its running a QTJ2.

Also i think ME Firmware its corrupted as when i enter the Chipset Configuration Panel Me Fw shows version 0.0.0.0

No experience with coffetime, but as far as I know it includes at least partially disabling the Intel ME thus corrupting the ME.

The configuration from your dump can’t be ‘cleaned’ in the meaning ‘freshly configured’.

How can i enble it back just for testing. I have a programming tool and a cable for BIOS_PH1 so i am not worried about breaking bios.

If you have a compatible CPU- put it in, just flash a stock image and try. If you only have a CoffeeLake CPU the bord will not boot.

Or just replace the ME region of your dump with a stock ME region, but the board might only boot with originally comaptible CPUs, too. On older PCs it was possible to boot with a wrong ME version (ME 9.1 and ME 10 for example), the board switched just off after 30 min, I don’t think it’s still the same.

There’s a large thread regarding these mods, I’d assume someone might’ve reported trying with original ME region there.

But what if i copy the Me region from other bios with simillar specs and then use it with that one for ex Asrock H410M-HVS.

That bool was set to Disabled maybe it can make a diference ?

Its not because of corruption i just replaced me firmware and its doing same thing no me firmware version.

As far as I know all officially unsupported on 1151v1 socket processors (Xeon, BGA, etc.) require disabled ME (by flipping a HAP-bit or a corruption) to work, so all functions that depend on ME (PTT, PAVP) will not work.

The only way is to either replace the processor (Skylake/Kabylake for 1151v1), or use an external TPM module if the motherboard has the appropriate connector.

Ok i see. Do you know any place to get cheap TPM CHIP as i can make my own. Also should i open a new Post for Help with ReBarDXE ?

Ebay / local stores / Aliexpress.

Please note that TPM modules may use different protocols (LPC, SPI), so consult your motherboard manual.

By the way, TPM in Windows is only used to strengthen Bitlocker protection, so if you are not using Bitlocker, you will not benefit from having TPM.

Also should i open a new Post for Help with ReBarDXE ?

I think yes

Then i will not buy i don’t have important data just games and some other stuff.

Should i try clean it even more than is for performance ?