Problem cloning Nvme Intel 750 onto Samsung SM961

Hi,

I have Windows 10 - 64 running on an Intel 750 400 gb drive and added a Samsung SM961 drive to the system with the desire to migrate the OS to the new drive. So I used Paragon Hard disk manager and Macrium Reflect to clone the installation onto the new drive.
I in advance installed the Samsung drivers for the drive as well and removed extra files to reduce the partition size such that the cloning tools can resize the disks however upon reboot onto the cloned image I get a Windows error message 'Inaccessible boot device’
with a blue screen. Not sure how to fix this error if anyone can help,

Thank you.

If anyone is wondering how you fix this issue I will tell you how I solved this for the good of the forum. There were two steps involved however most likely you only need just one. I will explain. So I read that its best to boot into the Windows recovery environment and open up a dos shell and type "bcdboot C:\Windows /S s: /f UEFI" where s: is the location of the system partition. I did that after setting s: to my system partition using Diskpart. I also read that you can’t have two installations of Windows 10 running at the same time. This I found hard to believe but just to play it safe I disabled the source drive I had cloned in bios. You can also pull the sata cable I suppose. In anycase after that I was able to boot into safe mode and then I rebooted again into the full Windows installation. After that I was able to enable the original source drive at the same time and run the destination cloned drive without seeing that Inaccessible Boot Device blue screen anymore! Most likey my feeling was the disk signatures conflicted and caused that problem to occur. Hope that helps someone in the future.

Thanks.