[Problem] EVGA SR-3 Dark BIOS Mod for W-3175X ES

Hello all! Hope you’re all doing well!

I recently purchased a W-3175X ES QL2K from an ebay seller who told me it would work with the EVGA SR-3 Dark motherboard. He sent me a BIOS with the 50652 Rev. 80000037 microcode inserted into it, however upon booting my board with this newly flashed BIOS, the board gets stuck at an 06 POST code which is Microcode Loading. The board seems to work fine, as I had a retail 3104 Bronze CPU to test it with, and it posted just fine. I figured maybe he didn’t give me the right BIOS file, so I used UBU tool to insert other microcode’s, trying different production and pre-production versions from the database I also found on this forum. It seems like no matter what I try, it always hangs at POST code 06. I cannot add links yet, as I am under 3 posts, but I can provide the link to my BIOS files through a PM. Also note, I’m only trying to boot this with one stick of tested working RAM, and a GPU, with no other peripherals if that matters. Thank you to anyone in advance!

Just a tip… the Intel ME version.
After all, it seems that u know ur ways around MCU and UBU… so this is the only thing that i can point to…
Good luck.

Alright I’ll look into that and see what I can come up with. Could the ME version stop my processor from booting if it’s not the right version (maybe too new?)

So over the past few days I’ve experimented with the Intel ME firmware in the BIOS files. I followed a few of the guides here on the forums to downgrade it and still no go on the POST. Also, I’ve noticed that although windows shows that the ME version changed, the BIOS still reports the same version, however from what I’ve read the ME version is baked into the cpu. Does anyone have any other ideas I could try or maybe point me in the right direction?

from what i know the bios needs a dfferent MRC(Memory reference code).

ME is the firmware of the chipset.

dead thread…

Shock132 Did you ever get anywhere with this?