[Problem] Flashing Modded BIOS on Inspiron 7567

awesome my man, how did you do it? Can you tell me please? You changed the microcode without changing the file size or adding any extra FF bytes to adjust the offsets. Also, how the fuck were you able to change the overclocking lock flag default state? Kindly tell be how to do it, I want to write a tutorial for other users of 7567.

Edit: I still haven’t tried flashing the bios, will tell you when I do about the results (Hoping to be amazed).

After the results because I’m quite worried about the BIOS guard technology that can prevent the device from start.

Bad luck dude, I flashed the bios file using fptw64 which was successful but suddenly after that, I got bluescreen of death stating “KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED”, then my laptop shutdown and now it won’t start whatsoever. When I press the power button now, the light blinks for a split second and then again nothing. Tried usb bios flash recovery method in hopes that the device may start but all in vain. Now I am left with a bricked laptop and no idea what to do…:sob:

@Sweet_Kitten , did you just rename the 1.11.0 file to 1.15.0?. Anyway, your file sucks man. I had to get my bios chip flashed at a shop and thankfully my laptop’s working again…

Yeah… shops need also to have service, in order to survive and pay the bills.
You wont affect him with your comment but he did try to save your money in the shop didn’t he?
Keep up the good individual attitude, cheers.

EDIT:
There is no DUDES here, those are you’re buddy’s in your neighbourhood, here all the users should be threaten with same respect as person and his personal/professional experience in their areas, as you adresse your family respect.
You’re in a forum and no one tells you to trust this person or that person… poor forums if we all were of dubious intentions.
I point the finger, because the minimum attitude you should have in a few words, is "Thank you my friend for you’re effort but your attempts or my inexperience of the subject were not successful"

OVER_n_OUT

Dude, my comment wasn’t meant as offence. I just informed him about the results like I told him. Good individual attitide you say, bruh I blindly flashed a file, modded by some stranger (again no offence), on my personal pc without thinking about consequences. Next time, do read the comments above before pointing fingers

About how I did modify the BIOS…
The BIOS always has some free space filled with "FF" bytes and UEFITool does an excellent job of redistributing it if some part of the BIOS image was shrinked or enlarged. It’s the same with microcodes. And yes, microcodes are accessible in UEFITool. That’s the thing.
As for changing the default state of Overclocking Lock, I changed only 1 byte: compare where the number 30 was in brackets opposite to enabled/disabled. Before and after modification. However, this does not disable the OC lock function (I won’t explain why), and I did it for your peace of mind, because I added another modification to the BIOS, which was supposed to unlock advanced menus, so OC lock would be available to you from the BIOS user interface (what I did for this - I won’t explain either). The main thing is that the expectations were not justified, because the "BIOS guard" function is here. You can find it in the text view of the BIOS setup. It has to be shutdown. If you still have the desire to continue, I can suggest how to do it.

Cruel modder found another naive guinea pig?

About how I did modify the BIOS…
The BIOS always has some free space filled with "FF" bytes and UEFITool does an excellent job of redistributing it if some part of the BIOS image was shrinked or enlarged. It’s the same with microcodes. And yes, microcodes are accessible in UEFITool. That’s the thing.
As for changing the default state of Overclocking Lock, I changed only 1 byte: compare where the number 30 was in brackets opposite to enabled/disabled. Before and after modification. However, this does not disable the OC lock function (I won’t explain why), and I did it for your peace of mind, because I added another modification to the BIOS, which was supposed to unlock advanced menus, so OC lock would be available to you from the BIOS user interface (what I did for this - I won’t explain either). The main thing is that the expectations were not justified, because the "BIOS guard" function is here. You can find it in the text view of the BIOS setup. It has to be shutdown. If you still have the desire to continue, I can suggest how to do it.

Cruel modder found another naive guinea pig?

Hey man, I guess you were offended then, but that wasn’t my intention at all. Anyways, about the OC Flag thing, I remember that in the past when I tried to disable that flag on the bios 1.15.0 using setup_var (modified uefi grub) it did allow me to undervolt using throttlestop although it wasn’t permanent because a reboot reverted back the settings to the original and it was a pain to repeat the thing over and over again.
Now, if you are up for it, I would like to continue and also suggest me some ways/materials to learn bios modding as well, since I am naive…

I guess people can be threatened if you address them with respect, Dude

Relax, I didn’t understand anything anyways because I use google translate for reading and replies. So I only take the literal side of messages meaning.

That’s even better because to disable the BIOS guard, even this information should be enough for you: Intel Bios Guard Support VarOffset: 0xF56, VarStore: 0x1.

Do such materials exist?
I have about 100+ browser bookmarks with ready-made solutions that I can refer to just in case of… But it all starts with reading tech docs. So I would not call these web pages meaningful material, because they are just user experience. You will have to figure out on your own how to apply them to other BIOSes.

I can do that but as I said, it will be reverted back to default settings after the next reboot. One thing I am confused about, should I modify the flash descriptor before modding the bios? Because from what I have read, it contains the necessary permissions about read and write access to different regions of bios chip.

It’ll be reverted back unconditionally? Maybe you shouldn’t try your luck then?

Permissions in the flash descriptor region are currently set to allow read and write the BIOS. Otherwise you wouldn’t be able to flash with FPTW.

Yes, by simply rebooting, the settings are reverted back to what they were before.

That is not true, I cannot directly flash using FPT. I have to open up laptop chassis and short pin 1 and pin 5 of the realtek audio chip (service jumper/pinmod) in order for FPT to flash the bios an di have to do this everytime I try to flash a modified bios.

I think modding the FD to permanently allow read and write access will be good from a modding point of view but will be a serious problem from a security stand point.

Ok, whatever you say. I didn’t see a full dump and made a statement without relying on facts. It’s rare that the BIOS write permission is locked in the flash desciptor, so I assumed that the matter was in the "BIOS Lock" function.