[Problem} How to Update/Modify the BIOS of a Pre-Built PC?

I bought a pre build pc which had bios F40 now I am going to update cpu for which bios update is required but OEMID error comes I have tried many ways to flush bios it doesn’t work. Talked to Gigabyte they can’t do it because prebuild PCs so now. How can I update BIOS?

Gigabyte B450 S2h Rev 1.x
Bios ver : F40 try to update F66

Edit by Fernando: Thread moved into the “BIOS Modding Problems” Category and thread title customized/specified

Best chance, using a CH341A SPI programmer and switch to standard Gigabyte family ROM.
You can wait for other users contribution.
Good luck.

I can directly download the bios file from Gigabyte’s site and flash it with the ch341a programmers?

You can at least try. But it’s AMD, for me this is always unpredictable.

Make a dump of your actual bios (2x a 100% identical dump and OK structure in UEFIToolNE) so that you have a valid backup and compare it to the corresponding Gigabyte stock version. Maybe one can find the OEM part.

Otherwise try to flash a stock bios, that may work, too.

I want to make one thing clear here. My motherboard is pre-build pc so can’t update bios. Now if I want to update the BIOS with Ch341a Programmer then I can directly download and flash it from the job side of the motherboard. There is a .bin file on the BIOS file in website.

Motherboard Model
Gygabyte B450S2H rev 1x

Try to update Latest f66 Version

Why a new thread? And there’s no question, it’s a statement?

In fact, the previous post was for if the mod can provide the BIOS file. And now I have given the post to know if there is any problem to flash with the Ch341a programmer.

This is a “cross flash” operation and you expect that an answer will be given for such unpredictable result?
You do it or you don’t, simple, there’s no relation with the use of the programmer itself correctly used.
Users who do “cross flash bios” take a “leap of faith” on their own and can spare the lost/momentary break of a functional system board.
You don’t come to a forum asking assurance of this or that, regarding mods or cross flash, unless you have the luck of an already done operation in the same OEM/BRAND/MODEL by a user, if none your on your own.

@Heavensani
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
Since there was no reason to start 2 different threads about the same topic, I have merged them and gave it a short, but meaningful title (can be changed by you at any time).
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)