[Problem] Missing RAM and NVMe Performance

Hi guys,
in my laptop HP 250 G7, CPU i5-8265u & IGPU UHD 620, I upgraded RAM (2 x 8GB Crucial CT8G4SFRA266 8GB DDR4 2666MHz CL19) and SSD (Crucial P5 Plus 1 TB PCIe gen4, CT1000P5PSSD8).

The issue is that the RAM works at 2400Mhz, instead of 2666Mhz, and the SSD seems to be set on an old (and slow) Pcie gen: it perform only 1574 MB/s and 1496 MB/s in read/write test instead of the factory 6600 MB/s and 5000 MB/s).

I would like to use setup_var.efi to mod the BIOS.

Please, anyone could help on how to do that?
Here the .bin BIOS file and the TXT Dump.
Thanks a lot!

Edit by Fernando: Thread title customized (can be changed by the thread opener at any time)

To be able to run a Crucial P5 Plus NVMe SSD at full speed, you need a system, which has PCIe Gen4 slots.

Of course, but according to my specs and the BIOS TXT my laptop could be able to run at gen 3, right?

Yes but i bet its running at 3.0x2 lanes and not 4…i could be wrong but i find a lot of this in HP laptops. HWInfo will show you.

Now I am on Hackintosh. I can’t check this

Hi, using a Windows To Copy of Windows 11 I was able to catch some screenshots. Hope that this could help to understand why this poor performance on NVME. Thanks a lot

Its there on the 2nd shot, exactly as said previously.

NVMe (PCIe 2x 8.0GT/s)

PCIe 3.0
Max @ x4
Current @ x2

Besides the disk full specs PCIe3.0x4, but the system is not due to HP design, simple as that.

EDIT:

Again this is also due to HP bios code and system board design.
Post a new request for that, if its possible to mod it.

Dont count on any mods to the NVMe speed issue…that would envolve a lot more research and possible tryouts as its tied to the PCH of the chipset.

Oh! Thanks a lot.
There is a way with hwinfo to know, like the pcie, the actual ddr4 bus used for the RAMs slots?
My RAM could run at 2666mhz, but It works at 2400mhz.
Thanks again