[Problem] Restore Point on Dual-Boot Configuration

Hello forum. After installing windows xp, i ran into a problem, system restore points in windows 7 someone in removes, after visit to windows xp, how to solve a problem?

Edit by Fernando: Thread title specified and customized

@Just_Whiteman Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
It is not easy to understand what you mean. Please explain, what you have done and what happened thereafter.
Greetings from
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Fernando! After installing win xp, I found that the restore points to windows 7 already absence. I created yet one restore point, after starting XP, i am again run windows 7 to check restore point, her again none. Probably these OS conflict.

@Just_Whiteman
The problem is caused by the fact, that the "Restore Point" of a system drive is only able to get the current drive C and the related boot sector.
As soon as you install a second OS, the previously taken "Restore Point" will be unusable, because you have now a drive C with another OS and the boot sector has been changed as well.
If you want to create a Dual-Boot OS configuration and to set a "Restore Point" of your Win7 installation inclusive the boot sector, you should do the following:
1. Install both Operation Systems in the order XP > Win7 to get the final boot sector with the dual-boot option.
2. Set a "Restore Point" from within Win7.

@Fernando it didn’t help me, i did everything right, The problem is that Windows XP has access to the folder: “System Volume Information”, of hard Drive Win 7, me need to block access to the folder on windows xp, so that she could not to delete the restore point.

@Just_Whiteman
I have no idea how to solve your specific problem.
My advice: Once both Operation Systems are installed and running fine, make a backup of both system drives and the (usually hidden) boot sector. Then store the complete backup outside of your PC.