[Problem] Toshiba L635 10U PSK04E-01T00QAR

History
My laptop Hard disk had failed segments after it hibernated due to power outage, I decided to backup whats left then decided to visit the BIOS to make sure it boots from USB.
F2 instead of sending me to the Bios screen had the laptop go into F8 menu instead…
I booted into safe mode, took a backup on an external drive. rebooted but this time Hitting F2 resulted in LOUD BEEPS !!!
I rebooted & it ran fine after this so I decided to first to keep it unplugged (Maybe my mistake to remove battery & outlet since bios was bit rotting?) then buy another HDD to replace the old one.
After 16 hours of no electricity I plug everything Aaaand Darkness
Tried the usual of replacing RAM etc…
ITS A NO POST from here on out.
Even caps lock is not reacting…

Having doubted the firmware behavior I decided to search the Toshiba website (last visited in 2018) to be surprised it became Dynabook!!!
The official Bios in Dynabook website is version 2.40 bb10240.fd CRC 3B8A1F6B for Satellite L630/L635 models having part numbers beginning with "PSK00U"
For some reason also in the download section of L655 ???
I highly doubt it is the right one since there are i3 variants without AMD ATi GPU out there!
while my laptop is an:
Intel Core i5-450M Processor
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145
I am gonna search for Tech shop that has An ISP programmer but first,

Here are some NOOB questions:
1_ Is there a way to know the Motherboard model without disassembling?

2_ Can the already existing bios (downloaded from the support page) work on my motherboard model?

3_ What is the chipset for my processor?
Searching the forum I found a modded bios for CPUID 20655 but it is for i5 460?

4_ If I found a bios for the motherboard but has the wrong chipset, cant it be modded?

Glad to learn something new & Thanks In Advance

A short circuit in the keyboard is common on aging laptops, it prevents booting and the buffer fills and the pc beeps.
CMOS could be depleted and usually it comes up with the laptop on charge mode, so check for leds as normal behavior.
I would try others options before any SPI flasher. Some L600 had issues with official bios update but never heard on L635

The PSK ids on the motherboard is enough, we cant rely on chassis if the motherboard was changed. HWinfo tells you.
The bios 2.40 is the latest and the flasher will check if the motherboard has ATI bios id. https://emea.dynabook.com/support/bios/
The chipset is the Intel H55/57 (Arrandale) if not mistaken, 1rst Gen Core. CPUID is correct.
You cant flash wrong bios, specially wrong chipset/platform.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Then first I should check the keyboard for causing a short circuit? (might have been affected by a power surge)
maybe detaching it will make it boot… it wouldn’t hurt to try!
Anyhow I will have to disassemble the laptop to hot air the bios chip…

Also I have found a BIOS for L635 but for a different variant instead of L635 10U its L635 135!
i5 480 instead of i5 450
& a diffrent ATI card
5430 instead of 5145

Should it be modded? or it will automatically work??

Toshiba L635-135 BM10G-6050A2338501-MB-A03 REV 1.11 Bios + EC.rar (1.64 MB)

Yes i would disconnect the keyboard flat and test. Keyboard circuit usually doesn’t short by power surge… its just due to age/moister.
I wouldn’t try for now other bios versions and i see no gains on it, mod bios its other subject and seems that the main objective here is to revive the machine in the 1rst place…
And yes it can let you flash but also it can break the system with a different bios. The variants are with dedicated ATI card or iGPU Intel HD Graphics.