[Problem] Why cant I extract my bios? (DL380p G8)

I tried following the guide on extracting my bios on the site but it said something about it not being able to extract the file from my motherboard, it may be because its an HP server but i really badly want to mod my bios and I’ve been contemplating getting an spi flasher but i want to at least try before i go out of my way to spend money

What guide did you follow???

I used the one for non-UEFI listed in the guides list im pretty sure, and when I went ahead to execute the bios extraction tool it didnt seem to work

@BellTower
What sort of not „extractable“ file do you mean?
Is it the SPI ROM file?

You used MMtool?.. Sir… i sense you lack experience on this matter…
Your server has specific jumper settings for ROM access, read the maintenance and service guide: HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server Maintenance and Service Guide (hpe.com)

A resumed overall/view also here

Careful with the operations to avoid irreversível issues… do not procede if no experience on this subject.

ohhhh ok my bad sorry for the inconvenience

also yeah im not THAT experienced but I just want to extract the bios to send it here and get some type of help to mod my bios and unlock the full turbo boost since its only boosting up to 3.08 and i heard theres a mod for v3 xeons, but i was wondering if it would be possible to mod my v2 xeon server (x79) to get the cpus up to 3.6ghz all core and I was also going to try and follow the guide on rebar to get some extra performance

yes i want to extract the rom which should be the rom, the motherboard labels its clearly as sys rom`

btw i looked at the jumper stuff and the jumpers look to be just for clearing cmos, clearing the ILO admin password or switching to the backup bios

To access the redundant ROM, set S1, S5, and S6 to on.

When the system maintenance switch position 6 is set to the On position, the system is prepared to erase all system configuration settings from both CMOS and NVRAM.

CAUTION: Clearing CMOS and/or NVRAM deletes configuration information. Be sure to
properly configure the server or data loss could occur.

I dont see any reference to “Backup bios”

oh alright I understand I’ll try it, also yeah theres a backup rom that it switches to when the the bios seems to be damaged. Also i tried mmtool and i cant seem to find the bios dumping stuff because i tried getting the bios from the manufacturer site but it didnt come in a .bin or .rom format at all, so i just need some help with that``

MMtool is not a tool for making backups/dumps… its a core module editor/manipulation.
…and im out of this.

so should i just get an spi flasher